well, central florida just hired josh ...

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
Catscratcher
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: well, central florida just hired josh ...

Post by Catscratcher » December 6th, 2017, 10:47 pm

If we hired Jim Leavitt, would Sean stay on, what do you guys think?

:popcorn:

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 7th, 2017, 12:27 am

Briefly. Sean Snyder was an All-American punter on teams that went 5-6 and 7-4. He was Special Teams Coordinator of the Year in 2015.

Josh Heupel was the runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in 2000 as he led Oklahoma to an undefeated national championship. He was an All-American, AP Player of the Year and a Walter Camp Award winner. He coached Sam Bradford to the Heisman Trophy in 2008. He was hired as co-offensive coordinator for OU until 2015 when he was fired. He coached Drew Lock to a record-setting season in 2017.

Josh may suck balls as head coach at UCF but give me his resume any day of the week.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 7th, 2017, 12:28 am

wildcats98 wrote:
iowa_wildcat wrote:The insanity of Wildcat fans beating their heads against the wall worrying about what will happen to K-State football when Bill Snyder is no longer head coach never ceases to amaze me. Barring the totally unexpected, Gene Taylor will select the next head coach. Cagey, quiet Gene is not tipping his hand about his thoughts to the public. All this speculation about the future by fans is simply causing needless acid indigestion for each of them. Especially since Gene Taylor probably does not give a rat's arse about each individual fan's opinion. Gene's history reveals that he normally makes decisions on long term thinking as an AD.
The problem is that the uncertainty is and has been affecting recruiting the last few years. Each year it gets a little worse. Taylor needs to get with coach and devise an exit strategy for whenever Bill wants to hang up the whistle. I am not a big fan of coaches in waiting, but in this circumstance it is warranted to provide some stability. If Taylor does not want Sean than he needs to tell coach it is not going to happen and see what else he prefers. Recruiting classes in the 80's just sets the program back for any future coach.
Amazingly 98, I totally agree with you. I've said for years that Bill Snyder is worth a 25-35 place jump in standings over his recruiting classes. With recruiting hanging in the 70's and 80's, we're about where I'd expect us to be.