Oklahoma State

The defending Big XII Champions
windjammer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Oklahoma State

Post by windjammer » September 11th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Good post. You bring up question that have probably been on people's minds but not articulated before.

Makes the equation much more complicated.

ninglu86

Post by ninglu86 » September 11th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Str8UpKst8 wrote:Paying college athletes is a bad, bad, bad idea. It would be close to impossible to determine the worth of a student athlete. How do you suppose they get paid? Way too many factors involved. You can argue that athletes should get paid fair market value for the amount of money they make for the NCAA ,but do you pay a tennis player as much as a Football player? Do Volleyball players make more than golfers? Do the men get paid more than the women? I surely wouldn't think there would be a single University that would want to be slapped with a gender discrimination lawsuit and I guarantee you the NCAA wouldn't want that.So, because Texas football generates more revenue(larger TV Market) than Kansas State does that mean that athletes at UT should make more than athletes at KSU? Guess where most student athletes are going to wanna go? There is no fair way to pay a college athlete beyond free education. As soon as you open that door, there will be no way to close it! The NCAA distributes most of its funds to schools across the country. Its used for Academic enhancement programs to help student athletes, Conference grants, grants in aid and for Student assistance programs. The NCAA uses 4% of its revenue to pay for Administrative/ legal fees and to pay staff. Its not like the NCAA is hoarding its money. No way in HE double hockey sticks we should be paying student athletes. Just my 2 cents. :twisted:
it'd be way too crazy. I agree that paying college athletes is a bad idea.

IMSEWildcat

Post by IMSEWildcat » September 11th, 2013, 7:55 pm

ninglu86 wrote:
f4fwildcat wrote:Paying to knock players out of the game? Hmm, if memory serves... CK was "knocked out" of the OSU VS K- STATE game last year. Coincidence? I wonder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Hmmm ... now that you brought it up ... I'm pissed!!!!
Yes, I remember OSU playing dirty.