Adios!

The defending Big XII Champions
Kstate00
Has thanked: 0

Re: Adios!

Post by Kstate00 » February 3rd, 2024, 12:43 pm

For me personally I don't mind the NIL. As a fan of college football as a whole and not just the Big XII or K-State I was worried that players would begin skipping college football altogether and go to the XFL (or whatever official minor league would be running at the time. I firmly believe that that day was coming. Now with NIL firmly a part of the game players will be staying with college teams because they won't be able to make anything close in the XFL that they could make with a popular college team.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » February 4th, 2024, 9:01 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
February 2nd, 2024, 11:35 am
Well, guys and gals. I've posted more than once about how I've considered ending my support for college sports, Kansas State in particular. The unchecked cheating by many combined with a Wild West approach to NIL, the portal, salaries, etc. have taken away much of the enjoyment. Because of that, I am ending my decades-long financial support and involvement.

I will miss this group of avid KState fans. Your knowledge, passion and support of KState runs true. Thanks to those who put me in my place when needed 👏, and to the many who contribute such wisdom to the topics of the day.

I will attend sporting events occasionally, but my Fall weekends will be filled with wife, grandson, travel, hunting, fishing, and everything else of enjoyment. I will miss each of you. I don't know you personally, but I feel like I've known you a lifetime.

Au revoir, my friends.

PurpleOnWhite
I totally understand where you are coming from. I read a lot of college sports bulletin boards and YouTube video comments. You (and other K-State fans) are certainly not alone in these feelings. I've even seen some SEC fans lamenting the changes. The networks are in the process of ruining the game we love. I hope you will still drop by to say hello occasionally. Enjoy your time with your family and activities!
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln