coach klieman tuesday spring presser ...

The defending Big XII Champions
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: coach klieman tuesday spring presser ...

Post by katlander » March 8th, 2023, 11:56 pm

I remember hearing positive talk about Cody Stufflebean and Jace Friesen at DE so they should be able to contribute after another year in the program. With Deuce Green returning and juco guys Kirksey and Van Wyhe coming in we are pretty stacked at linebacker, so Khalid could easily be moved if needed. My bigger concern is noseguard. Damion Ilalio appears to be solid. Uso Seumalo is huge but was injured after a couple plays in the goal line stand in the B12 championship. Jevon Banks has been brought in but has not played a lot and Klieman said he could also possibly play defensive end. Don't know much about DE Titus Tuiasosopo from the Manhattan/Wamego area. We seem a little thin and inexperienced here. I like the idea of moving a couple of younger O linemen over there. We are ultra-deep on the O-line. May give some of our younger guys a chance to see the field earlier. Michael Capria may be a possibility because he is very strong and weighed 295 as a freshman. I would imagine Coach Kli is looking at this.
Last edited by katlander on March 10th, 2023, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
tmcatsWildcatEngineer

02Cat

Pick 'Em

Post by 02Cat » March 9th, 2023, 10:21 am

katlander wrote:
March 8th, 2023, 11:56 pm
I remember hearing positive talk about Cody Stufflebean and Jace Friesen at DE so they should be able to contribute after another year in the program. With Deuce Green returning and juco guys Kirksey and Van Wyhe coming in we are pretty stacked at linebacker, so Khalid could easily be moved if needed. My bigger concern is noseguard. Damion Ilalio appears to be solid. Uso Seumalo is huge but was injured after a couple plays in the goal line stand in the B12 championship. Jevon Banks has been brought in but has not played a lot and Klieman said he could also possibly play tight end. Don't know much about DE Titus Tuiasosopo from the Manhattan/Wamego area. We seem a little thin and inexperienced here. I like the idea of moving a couple of younger O linemen over there. We are ultra-deep on the O-line. May give some of our younger guys a chance to see the field earlier. Michael Capria may be a possibility because he is very strong and weighed 295 as a freshman. I would imagine Coach Kli is looking at this.
Good point about an O-Lineman possibly moving to Defense. Maybe some karma since Cooper Beebe was a D-Lineman coming in to school.
Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » March 9th, 2023, 12:01 pm

Coach mentioned Offenses are figuring out the 3-3-5. If we do not have a Nose Guard that can neutralize the middle we are going to see duplications of the Texas first half.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 9th, 2023, 3:13 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
March 9th, 2023, 12:01 pm
Coach mentioned Offenses are figuring out the 3-3-5. If we do not have a Nose Guard that can neutralize the middle we are going to see duplications of the Texas first half.

Coach also mentioned they have a bunch of wrinkles within the 3-3-5 that they are excited to add in this spring and into fall camp.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 10th, 2023, 12:09 pm

02Cat wrote:
March 9th, 2023, 10:21 am
katlander wrote:
March 8th, 2023, 11:56 pm
I remember hearing positive talk about Cody Stufflebean and Jace Friesen at DE so they should be able to contribute after another year in the program. With Deuce Green returning and juco guys Kirksey and Van Wyhe coming in we are pretty stacked at linebacker, so Khalid could easily be moved if needed. My bigger concern is noseguard. Damion Ilalio appears to be solid. Uso Seumalo is huge but was injured after a couple plays in the goal line stand in the B12 championship. Jevon Banks has been brought in but has not played a lot and Klieman said he could also possibly play tight end. Don't know much about DE Titus Tuiasosopo from the Manhattan/Wamego area. We seem a little thin and inexperienced here. I like the idea of moving a couple of younger O linemen over there. We are ultra-deep on the O-line. May give some of our younger guys a chance to see the field earlier. Michael Capria may be a possibility because he is very strong and weighed 295 as a freshman. I would imagine Coach Kli is looking at this.
Good point about an O-Lineman possibly moving to Defense. Maybe some karma since Cooper Beebe was a D-Lineman coming in to school.
Stick the other Beebe on the D-line. He's a big boy. Probably should try a half dozen O-lineman over there to see who takes to it.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 10th, 2023, 12:21 pm

Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 13th, 2023, 2:47 pm

I see Donovan Rieman has moved up on the depth chart and is now ahead of Stufflebean and, apparently, Friesen.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » March 15th, 2023, 2:37 pm

katlander wrote:
March 13th, 2023, 2:47 pm
I see Donovan Rieman has moved up on the depth chart and is now ahead of Stufflebean and, apparently, Friesen.
think about how that is good news for a 'beat or two'... since neither Stufflebean nor Friesen are 'chopped liver'...
These users thanked the author KITNooga for the post:
stlcatfan
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 15th, 2023, 3:50 pm

katlander wrote:
March 13th, 2023, 2:47 pm
6'4" 247# :?

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 10th, 2023, 11:05 am

hcck seems to be smirking or perhaps even smiling behind that whistle? :D