Is Jalon Daniels the Nigel Pack of this year?

The defending Big XII Champions
WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Is Jalon Daniels the Nigel Pack of this year?

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 28th, 2022, 11:16 am

Nigel Pack got the most $NIL$ cash of anyone last year.

Will Jalon Daniels be this years highest $NIL$ player? The two are similar in that they both have a limited window to make some cash for their athletic capabilities. Both are good college athletes but are marginal to make it in the NFL/NBA.

What is a quality QB worth to a P5 program?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 28th, 2022, 12:33 pm

daniels seems like a well-grounded youngster. his coach isn't leaving. there's plenty of nil available in lawrence. i suspect he stays at ku.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
Jax
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » November 28th, 2022, 12:56 pm

Depends... His hometown is LA. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he bolts for UCLA. DTR will be gone.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
WildcatEngineer

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » November 28th, 2022, 1:13 pm

That's not a good analogy IMO. Daniels is talented like Pack, and he might bolt to another program possibly.

However, Coach Leopold isn't an incoming coach since he was there last season. KU has some pretty good skill players as we saw last Saturday night. They're going to be a tougher out than prior to this coach. He'll get offers from High Major programs and KU Will miss him if he's gone next season.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post (total 2):
WildcatEngineerrandallcat85

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 28th, 2022, 1:24 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 12:33 pm
daniels seems like a well-grounded youngster. his coach isn't leaving. there's plenty of nil available in lawrence. i suspect he stays at ku.
TM, what is a quality QB worth to a SEC school? How much did South Carolina make off of Spencer Rattler pulling his head out against Tennessee and Clemson?

RGIII was saying Texas should pay Robinson $7,000,000 to come back next year. I first heard that I thought it was crazy, but hell look at what NU paid to have Scott Frost leave a month early.

Heil we need to worry about Will. We are in a different era.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
Kralicek

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 28th, 2022, 1:28 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 1:24 pm
tmcats wrote:
TM, what is a quality QB worth to a SEC school? How much did South Carolina make off of Spencer Rattler pulling his head out against Tennessee and Clemson?

RGIII was saying Texas should pay Robinson $7,000,000 to come back next year. I first heard that I thought it was crazy, but hell look at what NU paid to have Scott Frost leave a month early.

yep, it's different. and i may not have internalized it all yet. we'll see about daniels.

certainly, our jake rubley should be a portal candidate. if he wants to see the field.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
WildcatEngineerrandallcat85

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » November 28th, 2022, 3:27 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
tmcats wrote:

I heard RG3 say that Bijan made $2 million this year at Texas and he also received a Lamborghini. The way RB's are not really valued in the NFL, I could see a guy like Bijan, heck even Deuce, decide there is more money to be made in college and stay for as long as they will let them.

If Deuce leaves this year, he maybe goes what, 5th, 6th round?? What is that money looking like? Stay at KSU, he already has been given a car and other NIL money, come back and make more in college than if you go to the NFL. Pretty crazy to think about.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post:
stlcatfan

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » November 28th, 2022, 3:31 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 3:27 pm
WildcatEngineer wrote:

I heard RG3 say that Bijan made $2 million this year at Texas and he also received a Lamborghini. The way RB's are not really valued in the NFL, I could see a guy like Bijan, heck even Deuce, decide there is more money to be made in college and stay for as long as they will let them.

If Deuce leaves this year, he maybe goes what, 5th, 6th round?? What is that money looking like? Stay at KSU, he already has been given a car and other NIL money, come back and make more in college than if you go to the NFL. Pretty crazy to think about.
He would hold most the running back records alongside Sproles, and be a sure ring of honor athlete. Injury comes a lot easier when playing in the pros.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 28th, 2022, 3:33 pm

the other argument, injuries happen in college. and running backs only have so many carries in their body.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
KralicekJax

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » November 28th, 2022, 3:42 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 3:33 pm
the other argument, injuries happen in college. and running backs only have so many carries in their body.

Yes, but if you are going to make more money in college, stay there as long as you can, especially if you aren't a sure fire 1st rounder. If Deuce would get NIL to about a million bucks or so, he could play 12/13 games rather than 17+, be the big man on campus, set records, be in the Ring of Honor, etc. Or he can go and battle for a roster spot and return punts and kicks and maybe play on 3rd downs??

NIL has changed these decisions for kids, no doubt about that.