Pick 'Em

Re: Portal Cats

Post by AJcat7755 » November 30th, 2021, 2:17 pm

HoopCity wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 1:51 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 11:47 am

Can HoopCity transfer with him?

If his hope is to be a P5 starting RB, good luck. 90% of KSU transfers go down a level and those that do make it to P5 aren't starters. That's the reality of KSU transfers, and transfers in general. You have to be an overperformer to transfer up a level and there isn't much of any tape on Wright that will help his case.

As for KSU, CK took over the program with 0 scholarship RBs on it. Assuming he stays, Vaughn's going to dominate the touches so you just need a capable backup from one of the rest, or a transfer.

HoopCity is going to follow him and will also be posting the stats for Y'all to weep over in the future. Good luck with your transfers that will be coming in to fill the void of two 3 year players with 3 years of eligibility left !!!

Jacardia will not be transferring up a level as he is already P5. He could go down a level as the NFL doesn't care what level you came from. I am sure he will be looking again at the BIG TEN schools that were originally looking at him prior to him becoming eligible in mid-summer, the reason he went to KSU.

I am sure Jacardia will use tape from the last game of his first year at KSU and his TD run in that game. He will piece it together and or whatever needs to be done to play.
Those Big Ten schools that offered him of Michigan State, Iowa and Minnesota?

Michigan State has Kenneth Walker III, who still has a year left, as their starter. Their backup RB got 255 yards. Oh and former Wisconsin RB, Jalen Berger is transferring in. I'm sure they will want a 2nd transfer RB that won't see the field. And they are the likely candidate to get 2023 RB Cole Cabana.
Minnesota has 3 RBs that split the good majority of the carries. 2 are freshman and 1 is a sophomore. They also have Zach Evans in the 2022 class coming in.
Iowa has Tyler Goodson, who still has a year left, as their starter. Their backup RBs got 190 and 151 yards. They also have 2 RBs in the 2022 class coming in.

So yeah, Wright is totally going to go to those 3 schools and beat out the incumbent starter. At best, he will be 2nd string and get a whopping 150-200 yards, which is what he would have gotten next year at KSU. But it's more likely that an incoming RB won't beat out the top 2 RBs on any team. He is going to have to put in his time there just like he would have had to at KSU to even have a chance to start late in his career. But just like most of your claims, you pull things out of nowhere without even looking at what these other schools have in place.

It's more likely he ends up at Central Michigan then any of those Big Ten schools and no one is going to care about his stats there so you might as well just leave now. Mozee left last year and ended up at Miami of Ohio. Thomas Grayson, another RB that left, ended up at Central Oklahoma. Let's see where Ervin and Wright go, but odds say it's not another P5.

Given your inflated sense of Wright's worth, it's no surprise that you are also talking about NFL for a college RB that has 195 career yards and was rated a low 3* out of HS. Nothing he has done so far suggests a NFL future, so let's hope he can put something more on tape if that's his goal.

As for KSU, CK took on a team with 0 scholarship RBs and did just fine. There won't be a problem with the current RBs already on the team and they will likely bring in another. It already looked like Giddens will be getting carries next year and Wright probably saw that happening as well. And KSU has a good shot at 2023 Dylan Edwards to carry the torch in the future. They will be just fine.

I wish Wright the best, but I'm glad to be done with this nonsense from HoopCity.
Last edited by AJcat7755 on November 30th, 2021, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » November 30th, 2021, 2:54 pm

Hoopscity.... Are you Jacardia's agent? Don't quit your day job because the NFL? Wow.... Let's crack a 2 deep depth chart first. He would be wise to go to a Northern Illinois or Northern Iowa. He will get carries there, then we will see if he has a future on Sundays.

Don't worry, I'll be following him too. I followed Mozee all year. I followed Corey Sutton for 4 years. I follow all former Cats.

I truly wish Cardia nothing but success, despite your poison on here.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
AJcat7755stlcatfan

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » November 30th, 2021, 3:05 pm

wild@nite wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 2:54 pm
Hoopscity.... Are you Jacardia's agent? Don't quit your day job because the NFL? Wow.... Let's crack a 2 deep depth chart first. He would be wise to go to a Northern Illinois or Northern Iowa. He will get carries there, then we will see if he has a future on Sundays.

Don't worry, I'll be following him too. I followed Mozee all year. I followed Corey Sutton for 4 years. I follow all former Cats.

Agreed, I hope nothing but the best for Jacardia and I have no problem with people coming on the board and promoting an athlete they have a personal relationship with, but I was not going to listen and support the taking shots at Deuce Vaughn as Deuce Vaughn will go down as one of the best to ever play at KSU if he continues with what he has done the last two years. He is a rock solid kid with a great work ethic who is a do-it-all back. Jacardia not getting carries was not the fault of Deuce Vaughn and I believe yesterday or the day before I noticed a tweet from Jacardia giving big props to Deuce for his post season awards. I respect that Jacardia stuck with it through the end of the regular season and have no problem with him going somewhere that he can get more carries. But don't blow one kid up to try and bolster another, that doesn't fly with me.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 3):
catlksudennystlcatfan

HoopCity

Post by HoopCity » November 30th, 2021, 3:54 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 3:05 pm
wild@nite wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 2:54 pm

Agreed, I hope nothing but the best for Jacardia and I have no problem with people coming on the board and promoting an athlete they have a personal relationship with, but I was not going to listen and support the taking shots at Deuce Vaughn as Deuce Vaughn will go down as one of the best to ever play at KSU if he continues with what he has done the last two years. He is a rock solid kid with a great work ethic who is a do-it-all back. Jacardia not getting carries was not the fault of Deuce Vaughn and I believe yesterday or the day before I noticed a tweet from Jacardia giving big props to Deuce for his post season awards. I respect that Jacardia stuck with it through the end of the regular season and have no problem with him going somewhere that he can get more carries. But don't blow one kid up to try and bolster another, that doesn't fly with me.

I said nothing about Deuce, he is a good running back, just how it all has been handled. I talked about the coach trying to promote mainly one running back. This is all fact, live in your make believe world when all the facts are out there in front of your face.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 30th, 2021, 5:02 pm

wright obviously didn't have what it took at this level. best wishes at ap state or utep.

as for messingham, hcck has been pretty outspoken opposing the firing of coaches in-season. so, i believe he's due some patience with this one.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » November 30th, 2021, 6:07 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 5:02 pm
wright obviously didn't have what it took at this level. best wishes at ap state or utep.

as for messingham, hcck has been pretty outspoken opposing the firing of coaches in-season. so, i believe he's due some patience with this one.
I totally support Coach Kleiman at this point. I would point out that technically our season is over. Bowl games are post-season. It is time for our head coach to put his team before his friend. We will soon find out the choice of our head man. If he chooses his friend over his team he will lose my respect and probably that of most fans and much of the team. The team has to know what is going on and the failings of Mess. Our A.D. has to know what is going on. It is time to fire Mess!
These users thanked the author kswildcat for the post (total 3):
nick57randallcat85NECatFan

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » November 30th, 2021, 6:09 pm

Sorry for the second post but I was too p.oed to mention that I wish our transfers all of the best. We will have more entering the portal!!

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 30th, 2021, 8:32 pm

To the posters with backhanded compliments/statements regarding Jacardia (as in UTPE and App state, etc), he averaged about 4.9 yards per carry for his young career with limited touches. That's as a back up and not always running behind the #1 OL. That avg per carry in the B12 puts him mid pack in the league and ahead of Leddie Brown at WVU, Jaylen Warren at OSU, and Thompson at TTU.

Same goes for Ervin.

Both of these guys also played on a crappy Messingham offense too. Who knows how good they are with a good OC and team.

I think both of these guys will go somewhere and do really well personally. I wish we weren't losing them. Yes, they aren't as good as the B12 POY, Deuce. They just aren't him, no shame in that. But they are still very respectable players,.

We should all thank them for their effort and contributions, and wish them all the best.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 6):
nick57kswildcatPNW CatstlcatfanHoopCityNECatFan
EMAW

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 1st, 2021, 11:32 am

no one ran wright off. he left of his own accord. i'm sorry he's leaving. but i'm not going to waste a lot of energy or cry crock tears over someone on the third team who believes he can do better elsewhere because i agree with him. he most likely will.

this is a new age. nil and the portal have completely, totally changed the game. this isn't the 90s when bill said no to transfer waivers. we need to just accept that and move on. being a slave to loyalty is not going to be fulfilling. hcck's history has been replacing those who leave with better talent. i expect he'll do that in this case.
Last edited by tmcats on December 1st, 2021, 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » December 1st, 2021, 11:37 am

tmcats wrote:
December 1st, 2021, 11:32 am
no one ran wright off. he left of his own accord. i'm sorry he's leaving. but i'm not going to waste a lot of energy or cry crock tears over someone on the third team who believes he can do better elsewhere because i agree with him. he most likely will.

this is a new age. nil and the portal have completely, totally changed the game. this isn't the 90s when bill said no to transfer waivers. we need to just accept that and move on. hcck's history has been replacing those who leave with better talent. i expect he'll do that in this case.
We have a small sample size, as we are only going into his fourth recruiting cycle.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder