The day of reckoning is upon us

The defending Big XII Champions
PNW Cat

The day of reckoning is upon us

Post by PNW Cat » November 28th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Instead of starting a new thread each time a player enters the portal, lets just keep tabs here. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot seeing how nobody wants to address our unqualified coaching staff...

So far today we've seen Joe Ervin and Tyrone Howell enter the portal.

Good luck, fella's. Can't blame you one bit.

NECatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by NECatFan » November 28th, 2021, 5:20 pm

And so it begins...

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » November 28th, 2021, 5:23 pm

Kleiman says he is leaving 10 scholarships available each year for the portal. I don't see the need when we have 10 transfer out each year.

outofstate

Post by outofstate » November 28th, 2021, 5:23 pm

Dominoes are falling. Maybe this along with the offense's issues and need for a quality QB will be enough to make something happen.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 28th, 2021, 5:36 pm

Welcome to the new world of college athletics. There will be likely be a few more players going into the portal before all is said and done. But this is no different than what has been happening at most other schools around the country over the past few years. Just last season, more than 2,600 FBS football players entered the portal! I imagine we will see similar numbers this season.

So while I am not minimizing the issues surrounding our offensive coaches, I do think we need to keep everything in perspective. Jones, Ervin, and Howell were good players who were primarily back-ups. They likely entered the portal like most others do -- to find an opportunity to be a starter.

I wish for nothing but the best for them, going forward.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
Katmandew1984
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 28th, 2021, 5:45 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 5:36 pm
Welcome to the new world of college athletics. There will be likely be a few more players going into the portal before all is said and done. But this is no different than what has been happening at most other schools around the country over the past few years. Just last season, more than 2,600 FBS football players entered the portal! I imagine we will see similar numbers this season.

So while I am not minimizing the issues surrounding our offensive coaches, I do think we need to keep everything in perspective. Jones, Ervin, and Howell were good players who were primarily back-ups. They likely entered the portal like most others do -- to find an opportunity to be a starter.

I wish for nothing but the best for them, going forward.
Very likely both Jones and Howell would be starters next year. And Ervin is kind of a 1B versus a 2. I don't consider him a back up given the way we use RBs. When you look at what we have leaving in the way of Seniors and what we now have leaving in the way of transfers, there's a LOT of work to do in the off season. Not only do you have to find quality players, you have to teach them our schemes.

No way to spin this, it hurts. Something isn't right within the program.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
kswildcat
EMAW

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 28th, 2021, 5:49 pm

On the positive side, I saw a tweet from Daniel Green saying he intends to return for the 2022 season. Having both Deuces back next season is great news!
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 5):
TbonespopKsJoeyDeereCatFanKatmandew1984KITNooga
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » November 28th, 2021, 6:17 pm

Howell leaving hurts, this offense is simply not going to be attractive to Wrs. I can't fathom the thought of a talented wr transfer looking at Ksu and thinking "that's a place I can go showcase my talents".
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

pipe95

Post by pipe95 » November 28th, 2021, 6:28 pm

This might get ugly. Rumors there will be more

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » November 28th, 2021, 6:32 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 5:49 pm
On the positive side, I saw a tweet from Daniel Green saying he intends to return for the 2022 season. Having both Deuces back next season is great news!
That is a huge plus. One of the top 2-3 defensive players. Definitely need him and need to find a couple LB’s who play like him.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
stlcatfan