The defending Big XII Champions
stlcatfan

Re: Other games (Week 13)

Post by stlcatfan » November 27th, 2021, 11:32 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 11:21 pm
rajstat wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 10:40 pm

This rejuvenated KU would beat K State that played yesterday.
Yeah, they really woke up right after we played them this year. I'm glad we caught them when we did. Too bad their fans don't care about football. We need to find a QB fast, or our winning streak is in real danger next season. I'm glad we'll at least have them in Manhattan.
I think Daniels is the main reason they played better at the end of the season. KU's defense is still pretty bad. I think their new coach will be good for them, too, so long as he does not get lured away anytime soon.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 27th, 2021, 11:41 pm

Congrats Pokes!!

Now

Georgia needs to thump Bama Big
iowa needs to beat Michigan, which is very possible because Michigan might have spent everything to beat OSU
I want Cincy to beat Houston just to keep ND from back dooring into the Final 4
Okie State needs to beat Baylor which will not be easy.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » November 27th, 2021, 11:46 pm

Yeah, while I think ku is playing somewhat better I think I’d still pump the breaks a bit that they were playing all that well and would beat us. They managed to beat a Texas team that was in turmoil, and there always seem to be at least one game the last place team in a given conference manages to be in and possibly win that they probably shouldn’t. They still played the last 3 teams just ahead of them and lost to 2 of the 3 over these past 3 weeks. While they may be better, they’re still the undisputed last place team in the conference.

With that said, if we don’t upgrade the qb position in particular for next year, we’re likely to be right there battling them at the bottom.

Got to upgrade the qb position, replace the OC and if the HC won’t do that he needs to go also. You’re not being paid $3.1 mill that will escalate to about $4.5 mill in the next few years to be an under .500 conference team. You can pay a lot less to achieve that.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
WildcatEngineer

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » November 28th, 2021, 12:03 am

WildcatEngineer wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 11:41 pm
Congrats Pokes!!

Now

Georgia needs to thump Bama Big
iowa needs to beat Michigan, which is very possible because Michigan might have spent everything to beat OSU
I want Cincy to beat Houston just to keep ND from back dooring into the Final 4
Okie State needs to beat Baylor which will not be easy.
Yeah Alabama is being greatly over valued simply because they’re SEC, which is greatly over valued this year. Bama has struggled to beat two teams with losing records, Florida and LSU. And struggled mightily with Arkansas and Auburn today, who had to play with a backup qb. 4 teams and put up at least 28 points on Auburn and Bama only had 3 with less than a minute left. They’re very over hyped.

Fortunately Michigan exposed Ohio St who I was getting sick and tired of hearing how great the were even though they lost at home to Oregon and have struggled to beat Minnesota and Tulsa and gave up 31 to Purdue.

IMO it should be these 4 if they all win their respective conference championship games.

Georgia
Cincinnati
Michigan
Oklahoma St.

All play very solid D and have good offenses.

Notre Lame shouldn’t be in either. Should have lost to poor teams in FSU and Toledo and were handled by Cincinnati at home. Only teams they’ve played with 7 or more wins is Cincinnati and Wisconsin. They’re in the position they’re in solely because of their name.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanWildcatEngineer

rajstat

Pick 'Em

Post by rajstat » November 28th, 2021, 12:45 am

Among everything else that happened today:

1. SEC and SEC West created history as 13 of the 14 schools are bowl eligible (everyone except Vandy). SEC West has all schools eligible (LSU beat TAMU tonight to become bowl eligible). The last time it happened (all schools from a division being bowl eligible) was last week.

2. MAC West achieved the same feat last week (all MAC West schools are bowl eligible). However, Ball State (along with fellow MAC school Miami and CUSA schools Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion) is in danger of missing a bowl as there are now 83 bowl-eligible schools with a spot for 84. As the time of this writing, Hawaii is 6-7 (technically not bowl-eligible but has 6 wins) and if both USC and California win tonight, one of them would be bowl-eligible (both are behind now, so this might be a moot point).

3. Oklahoma State and Baylor goes to the Big 12 Championship. Big 12 refs did their job well to keep the OU out.

4. Wake Forest and Pitt plays for ACC championship. They have no shot at CFP. But ACC has 10 bowl eligible teams (with 4 schools at 6-6). ACC would have second highest number of schools in bowl.

5. That is not an abomination. SEC has 5 schools in at 6-6. It should be noted that both ACC and SEC plays 8 conference games. (The new big 12 should do well to copy SEC/ACC). On the other hand, BIG is doing okay (9 schools bowl eligible with only 1 school at 6-6) while PAC is struggling (Only 6 out of 12 being bowl-eligible and none of them at 6-6). Both PAC and BIG plays 9 conference games like BIG 12.

6. Both TCU and Texas ended with 5-7. Maybe with 1 less conference game, they end up 6-6! In total number of bowl eligible schools per conference, BIG 12 is behind SEC (13), ACC (10), Big 10 (9), CUSA (8 out of 14)), MAC (8 out of 12). We have 7 bowl eligible schools (same as AAC and MWC). Only PAC (6) and Sun Belt (4) are behind us.
Last edited by rajstat on November 28th, 2021, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author rajstat for the post:
stlcatfan

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » November 28th, 2021, 12:49 am

rajstat wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 12:45 am

1. SEC and SEC West created history as 13 of the 14 schools are bowl eligible (everyone except Vandy). SEC West has all schools eligible (LSU beat TAMU tonight to become bowl eligible). The last time it happened (all schools from a division being bowl eligible) was last week.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAD

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 28th, 2021, 9:33 am

i watched football all day and it was almost perfect.

ou loses to the pokes :clap:
michigan beats the ohio :fistbump:
but bama pulls it out in the end :|
nubs lose close, again :roll:
and ku too before throngs of hundreds :rofl:
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 28th, 2021, 4:28 pm

3. Oklahoma State and Baylor goes to the Big 12 Championship. Big 12 refs did their job well to keep the OU out.

The un-sportsmanlike conduct flag thrown on OSU #16 for pushing that got picked up was HUGE. When I was referee decades ago there was an unwritten point of discussion between refs - you do not want to determine the winner of the contest.

Once you get one those instead of picking up the flag you call dead ball unsportsmanlike on both teams. Two fouls - offset - let them play - both sides are equally mad at you.

Picking up a flag looks TERRIBLE
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
tmcats

outofstate

Post by outofstate » November 28th, 2021, 4:33 pm

While it looks terrible it is exactly how OU should be treated on their way out the door.

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 28th, 2021, 4:36 pm

https://big12sports.com/

The Big XII very easily could have had 9 Bowl eligible
Texas should have beat KU
TCU should have beat SMU

School Big 12 Overall
Oklahoma State 8-1 11-1
Baylor 7-2 10-2
Oklahoma 7-2 10-2
Iowa State 5-4 7-5
Kansas State 4-5 7-5
West Virginia 4-5 6-6
Texas Tech 3-6 6-6
TCU..... 3-6 5-7
Texas 3-6 5-7
Kansas 1-8 2-10

Does anyone think Cincinnati would be un-defeated if they were in the Big XII this year?