We need a new AD

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: We need a new AD

Post by tmcats » November 27th, 2021, 11:41 am

i agree. take a breath, people. let's see how this unwinds before calling for gene's head. that's hard for me to write because i was furious when they didn't hire laird for the job. but that's not taylor's fault. he's done great in many ways. let's see what happens next.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » November 27th, 2021, 12:00 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 11:41 am
i agree. take a breath, people. let's see how this unwinds before calling for gene's head. that's hard for me to write because i was furious when they didn't hire laird for the job. but that's not taylor's fault. he's done great in many ways. let's see what happens next.
I've liked Gene in a few ways. He seems to be a nice guy, and he had kept the momentum going with the renovations that Curry started. I have much higher expectations for our AD than that though. He needs to hold his coaches accountable, which I feel like he's never done. It was obvious to the rest of the world at this time last year (some of us sooner) that Messingham doesn't belong at this level, yet HCCK didn't do anything about it and GT didn't force him to. That's unacceptable. For me, the only way I'll stop calling for Gene Taylor to be replaced is if Messingham is let go. Seeing how GT was hired to bring in HCCK, therefor owing his job to HCCK, I doubt that he's going to force him to do anything though. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but GT hasn't ever done anything to show that he isn't going to be anything other than HCCK's and Messingham's personal cheerleader.
These users thanked the author PNW Cat for the post:
KSalum1201

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 27th, 2021, 7:24 pm

In 2022 the MOST important aspect of the KSU Athletic Director is the FINANCIAL STABILITY of the Athletic Department.

Balancing income with Wins and Losses of the various Athletic Programs is something Mr Taylor and Mr Currie have done but the emphasis has been on cash. Wins have been so so.

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » November 28th, 2021, 2:54 am

WildcatEngineer wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 7:24 pm
In 2022 the MOST important aspect of the KSU Athletic Director is the FINANCIAL STABILITY of the Athletic Department.

Balancing income with Wins and Losses of the various Athletic Programs is something Mr Taylor and Mr Currie have done but the emphasis has been on cash. Wins have been so so.
:agree: We also need to stay competitive though, which I'm very worried about.

We cannot keep trotting out these weak bball teams each year in hopes that once every 5-6 year's Weber is going to have a good season. We cannot keep letting our talent level in football go south due to a horrible coaching staff that doesn't attract decent talent to K-State. We cannot afford to keep an OC and QB coach that have proven to be unable to develop QB's (at all!) or develop a decent game plan on a consistent basis. We cannot afford to give Messingham another year to try to fix it.

It's time for HCCK to tell his BFF that they can play together after work but his AD says he cannot play at work anymore. It's time for him to grow up, and Gene Taylor is enabling him to let his BFF ruin our team.

I'm really upset at GT, if you can't tell :lol: I don't trust him. Why did he extend HCCK's contract when he did (for basically just doing his job; 8 wins and a bowl loss to Navy isn't exactly a reason to restructure/extend a contract)? He even increased HCCK's buyout if KSU wanted to end the contract early. Seems to me like GT has been looking out for the welfare of his buddy more so than the welfare of our athletic department. Yes, he's done well in continuing the upgrades to facilities that were all pretty much planned out before he arrived, but he better be careful. If he doesn't start holding his coaches accountable then the funding for future projects will dry up. So to your point, that's why we need to continue to stay competitive, and we cannot accept what has been going on. Financial stability includes a sustainable revenue stream, which will eventually dry up when fans get tired of seeing these horrible coaches/coaching staff's not helping their teams be competitive. I know we were somewhat competitive this year in most of our games. But next year is scary to think about if nobody is held accountable. Skylar Thompson won't be here to get HCCK to bowl eligibility, and his current roster of 2022 QB's will be lucky to get 3-4 wins, if that...
These users thanked the author PNW Cat for the post (total 2):
kstfan88nick57

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 28th, 2021, 9:37 am

PNW Cat wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 2:54 am
WildcatEngineer wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 7:24 pm

:agree: We also need to stay competitive though, which I'm very worried about.

We cannot keep trotting out these weak bball teams each year in hopes that once every 5-6 year's Weber is going to have a good season. We cannot keep letting our talent level in football go south due to a horrible coaching staff that doesn't attract decent talent to K-State. We cannot afford to keep an OC and QB coach that have proven to be unable to develop QB's (at all!) or develop a decent game plan on a consistent basis. We cannot afford to give Messingham another year to try to fix it.

It's time for HCCK to tell his BFF that they can play together after work but his AD says he cannot play at work anymore. It's time for him to grow up, and Gene Taylor is enabling him to let his BFF ruin our team.

I'm really upset at GT, if you can't tell :lol: I don't trust him. Why did he extend HCCK's contract when he did (for basically just doing his job; 8 wins and a bowl loss to Navy isn't exactly a reason to restructure/extend a contract)? He even increased HCCK's buyout if KSU wanted to end the contract early. Seems to me like GT has been looking out for the welfare of his buddy more so than the welfare of our athletic department. Yes, he's done well in continuing the upgrades to facilities that were all pretty much planned out before he arrived, but he better be careful. If he doesn't start holding his coaches accountable then the funding for future projects will dry up. So to your point, that's why we need to continue to stay competitive, and we cannot accept what has been going on. Financial stability includes a sustainable revenue stream, which will eventually dry up when fans get tired of seeing these horrible coaches/coaching staff's not helping their teams be competitive. I know we were somewhat competitive this year in most of our games. But next year is scary to think about if nobody is held accountable. Skylar Thompson won't be here to get HCCK to bowl eligibility, and his current roster of 2022 QB's will be lucky to get 3-4 wins, if that...
https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/wom ... all/roster

PN,

My rant on ADGT is he has been loyal to incumbent Coaches, not just HCCK, to a point that I cannot explain. I give Coach Weber lots of mulligans because of the 2 Conference Championships. GT gave Jeff Mittie a raise, an extension, and the approval for a nepotism mess with the Carr family and now he hires his daughter to his staff. The KSU WBB Program won Conference Championships, recruited the best Kansas girls, and filled Bramlage. Now it is just BLAH. It is like ADGT is too lazy to strive to get better.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
PNW Cat

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 28th, 2021, 9:40 am

to be fair, wbb was awful at the close of deb's career here. john currie canned her and hired mittie from tcu. and mittie now has gathered a really nice roster, plus a fine class coming behind them. whether he can coach them up a hoot, i have my doubts.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
PurpleOnWhite

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 28th, 2021, 1:05 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 9:40 am
to be fair, wbb was awful at the close of deb's career here. john currie canned her and hired mittie from tcu. and mittie now has gathered a really nice roster, plus a fine class coming behind them. whether he can coach them up a hoot, i have my doubts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%8 ... tball_team

TM, that view on WBB in the last year of Patterson is wrong. She had an All American Point Guard and a WNBA Center. Her worst 4 years are Mittie's best 4 years. This thread is not about the Coach with the most wins in KSU history.

Do you realize when he got his extension Jeff Mittie was 1-23 vs Baylor? Against Texas, OU, and ISU he had like 6 wins TOTAL. He is HORRIBLE against good competition. So please explain why he got a huge raise and an extension? KSU is going to pay Jeff Mittie over $7,000,000. What did we get.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 28th, 2021, 2:46 pm

i would not have retained mittie.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
WildcatEngineer

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » November 28th, 2021, 3:02 pm

Besides following through with Curry's plans for renovations to our facilities and hiring his friend to be the HC of our FB team, what exactly has ADGT done during his time here? Seems to me like he's taking credit for a lot of planning that Curry actually did, and doesn't know how to hold any of his coaches accountable. And to top things off, it doesn't seem like he understands a whole lot about the Power 5. I was furious earlier this year when he was talking about how he wasn't even aware what a GOR is. That should be a requirement of any Power 5 AD candidate in the hiring process, so the search committee obviously just wanted him so that he could lure HCCK. Otherwise Laird would probably be in charge.

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » November 30th, 2021, 11:07 pm

I feel like we've accepted mediocre success since 2012 as the norm. While other programs are making bold moves to elevate their programs we're sending out the worst OC in the Power 5 to try to trick players into coming to play for him. It's sad, and it comes down to Gene Taylor. This guy has got to make some changes on our coaching staff starting tomorrow, or he needs to go. The dude is just coasting along on all the planning that Curry did on facilities to make it look like he's worth his paycheck while not holding any of his coaches accountable. We keep talking about Messingham, which we should. But I feel like the nepotism in our athletic department starts with Gene Taylor, and won't begin to get better until he's gone.