🔥 the OC...

The defending Big XII Champions
Wyldkatz

Re: 🔥 the OC...

Post by Wyldkatz » November 26th, 2021, 7:13 pm

Did they really come into this game with a plan to have our tiny back be the ONLY running back?
That in itself is idiotic. Duece is not built to be an every down back. Jacardia Wright comes in for 1 play (only because Duece lost his shoe) and they throw a horrendous swing pass to the Brooks in the flat. You had all week to get Wright ready to be a #2 back for this game and didn't even use him. I don't get it.

NECatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by NECatFan » November 26th, 2021, 7:13 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 4:16 pm
I hope this fire within the fanbase doesn't die out. We need to make sure Gene and Chris know that this isn't ok. We can't let Gene start spewing sunshine and rainbows about this team to justify not making any major changes. If we allow that we'll continue to be mediocre at best, and we need to strive for more. I mean we at least need to try something different when what we've been doing for the last 3 years does't work.
This 100%. Just watching the post-game press conference (Klieman) makes me think they plan on the same ol’, same ol’. He defended his buddy (mess) every step of the way - blaming execution for lack of production. He also threw the defense under the bus - I guess he and Klanderman don’t go back as far as he and mess?

While the defense was frustrating for much of the day, they only gave up 22 points. And that’s with the offense not sustaining any sort of ball control. Not bad in today’s college football. Unfortunately, the defense needs to hold teams to single digits or low teens to have a chance to win with the production that Courtney provides!

Kid In the Hall
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kid In the Hall » November 26th, 2021, 7:16 pm

Here's another one - entering the game today, Texas averaged giving up 21 ppg in THE SECOND HALF during Big 12 play. How many did we score? Zero.

When you give up that many points, it's indicative of an inability to make adjustments. Or, in our case, it's indicative of an offensive coordinator's inability to make any meaningful adjustments whatsoever against a horrible defense.

It simply cannot be understated - Messingham has managed one of the worst three offenses in the Big 12 for three consecutive years (and was even worse when he was at Iowa State).

There is no measure that indicates he deserves to be the offensive coordinator at Kansas State moving forward.

Zero. Zilch. None.

Any school with a schred of self-worth worth fire him immediately.
These users thanked the author Kid In the Hall for the post (total 3):
TbonespopNECatFankswildcat

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » November 26th, 2021, 7:16 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 7:10 pm
PNW Cat wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 7:04 pm

Everything you said is 100% correct, but we need to shift some blame to Gene Taylor too. The only reason he got hired as AD was because we had every intention of hiring Chris Klieman and his staff away from NDSU to replace Snyder. There is a big problem when the AD, HC, and OC are all personally and professionally tied to each other. Nobody is going to get fired unless the incoming president (which is supposedly going to be announced on 12/4) fires Gene Taylor and starts forcing these coaches to be accountable.
Heard the new president is NDSUs president.
I kid I kid! Lol
These users thanked the author Wyldkatz for the post:
PNW Cat

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » November 26th, 2021, 7:20 pm

Wyldkatz wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 7:16 pm
PNW Cat wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 7:10 pm
Heard the new president is NDSUs president.
I kid I kid! Lol
LOL, I've actually been very worried that might happen! It seems like those North Dakotan's have a lot of pull around the Little Apple for some reason :lol:

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » November 27th, 2021, 12:38 pm

wild@nite wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 6:58 pm
It's what we do now at KState. Settle...
Sad but true.