Longhorns Black Friday 11:00 AM

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: Longhorns Black Friday 11:00 AM

Post by wild@nite » November 23rd, 2021, 4:47 pm

To me, this game is far more important than the bowl game. Another opportunity to show Texas recruits what were made of vs their home town Horns. There's about 30 kids from Texas on our roster that agree with me. I assure you this game means the world to them. Time for the Kansas kids to return the favor that their Texas teammates brought for the KU game.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 4):
stlcatfanepicsnyderkswrangler52Katmandew1984

outofstate

Post by outofstate » November 23rd, 2021, 4:49 pm

I was in Austin for a wedding this past weekend. Watched the Cats at a downtown sports bar. A family sat next to us that turned out to be Longhorn fans. Dad says to his son about the K-State game. "That's the team that's going to beat us next weekend."

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 23rd, 2021, 5:47 pm

outofstate wrote:
November 23rd, 2021, 4:49 pm
I was in Austin for a wedding this past weekend. Watched the Cats at a downtown sports bar. A family sat next to us that turned out to be Longhorn fans. Dad says to his son about the K-State game. "That's the team that's going to beat us next weekend."
I hope he's right. :)

POWRCAT
Has thanked: 0

Post by POWRCAT » November 25th, 2021, 2:38 am

"no sense getting him (QB ST) further beat-up in a game without much meaning to anyone."
"This Texas game is meaningless other than bragging rights."

Football is a team sport, not just about 1 position. Texas needs there Lornhorned butts kicked for many reasons.
Momentum is important in Football, we have a chance to finish in the upper echelon of the B12.
The game is affecting the Bowl seed.
Final rankings also, as we might still break into top 25.
Teams who lose games are less likely to get on prime TV, unless they are ND or TX.
If bettors are let-down by KSU, it will indirectly negatively effect much of the above, including irritating wealthy potential donors to the program that lost money thinking the Cats would perform and cover.
These users thanked the author POWRCAT for the post:
tmcats

kswrangler52

Post by kswrangler52 » November 25th, 2021, 12:47 pm

wild@nite wrote:
November 23rd, 2021, 4:47 pm
To me, this game is far more important than the bowl game. Another opportunity to show Texas recruits what were made of vs their home town Horns. There's about 30 kids from Texas on our roster that agree with me. I assure you this game means the world to them. Time for the Kansas kids to return the favor that their Texas teammates brought for the KU game.
+
I agree with this totally. If we don't beat horns down, we will never hear the end of it from KU and they will use it in recruiting against us also. Plus it will show Texas kids some others can play ball and win too. Might sway a couple our way, knowing UT is down and moving on where they will fall even further.

kstater2000

Post by kstater2000 » November 25th, 2021, 1:10 pm

wild@nite wrote:
I would like to see K-State run the score up on UT. Some fans think this game is a throw away game,, but HCCK needs an 8th win to guarantee him a 1 year extension.
"That's what I do. I drink, and I know things."
- Tyrion Lannister 'GOT'

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 25th, 2021, 1:21 pm

POWRCAT wrote:
November 25th, 2021, 2:38 am
"no sense getting him (QB ST) further beat-up in a game without much meaning to anyone."
"This Texas game is meaningless other than bragging rights."

Football is a team sport, not just about 1 position. Texas needs there Lornhorned butts kicked for many reasons. Fair enough
Momentum is important in Football, we have a chance to finish in the upper echelon of the B12. - This game doesn't change our position in conference. If we lose, we tie record wise with WVU and TTU, both teams we beat head to head. If we win, and ISU wins, they beat us head to head and have the tie breaker. The only way we gain one spot is if ISU loses and we win. Either way we finish 4th or 5th in conference which is upper echelon in conference.
The game is affecting the Bowl seed. - Mid-pack conference Bowl seedings are meaningless, they are exhibition games. We will finish 4th or 5th in conference, thus this game won't change much.
Final rankings also, as we might still break into top 25. possibly, but does nothing more than bragging rights. Any staff that can't recruit without having a top 25 ranking, just simply aren't good recruiters.
Teams who lose games are less likely to get on prime TV, unless they are ND or TX. Its 1 game. OSU and KSU were both unbeaten this year and the game was on ESPN+....I digress
If bettors are let-down by KSU, it will indirectly negatively effect much of the above, including irritating wealthy potential donors to the program that lost money thinking the Cats would perform and cover. Ok, you're just really reaching on this one.
At this point in the season, you are what your record says you are - and we are a mid pack B12 football team that is going bowling. I fully expect KSU to go into this TX game expecting to play well and win the football game, regardless of who is QB. With that said, if I were coach for a day/week, my off season bowl preparation "approach" to practice (meaning working with younger inexperienced players and working to get them better for next year) would have started last Sunday, not after this game. To each their own.
FIRE MESSINGHAM.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 25th, 2021, 1:22 pm

top-tier middling.

Oklahoma State (1)
Baylor (2)
Oklahoma (3)
K-State (4)
Texas Tech (5)
West Virginia (7)
Iowa State (6)
TCU (8))
Texas (9)
Kansas (10)

https://247sports.com/college/west-virg ... 75878704_9
"A tour of revenge." Noah Johnson

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » November 25th, 2021, 1:31 pm

I know UT is a dumpster fire, but they still have horses. This game will not be easy.
These users thanked the author NealyFan for the post (total 3):
kstater2000stlcatfanKatmandew1984
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 25th, 2021, 2:20 pm

kswrangler52 wrote:
November 25th, 2021, 12:47 pm
wild@nite wrote:
+
I agree with this totally. If we don't beat horns down, we will never hear the end of it from KU.
My responses would be:
1) 35-10;
2) 13 wins in a row; and
3) 25 or 26 out of the past 30 games.

UT still scored 56 points on them and should have blown them out. Their defense didn't even try in that game.
Last edited by stlcatfan on November 25th, 2021, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.