FIRE MESSINGHAM

The defending Big XII Champions
KsJoey

Re: FIRE MESSINGHAM

Post by KsJoey » November 27th, 2021, 11:14 am

2 choices are largely going to define Kliemans success or failure at KSU. Whether he keeps Messingham, and whether he sticks with Howard at QB for the future. Both are pretty obvious choices to make from the outside looking in… but will Klieman see it the same way?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 27th, 2021, 11:38 am

will was 9 for 13, 69%. the issue was messingham's play calls. he took the passing game away. he put the youngsters in a box they couldn't escape. it was a nightmarish game on the offensive side.

i really feel for the players when coaches do that to them. any manager has to trust in his people. yesterday was just the opposite yesterday. hopefully, hcck faces the brutal facts.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 3):
Tbonespopkswildcatemawecaw
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wazucat

Post by wazucat » November 27th, 2021, 12:45 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 11:38 am
will was 9 for 13, 69%. the issue was messingham's play calls. he took the passing game away. he put the youngsters in a box they couldn't escape. it was a nightmarish game on the offensive side.

i really feel for the players when coaches do that to them. any manager has to trust in his people. yesterday was just the opposite yesterday. hopefully, hcck faces the brutal facts.
he is toast if even you will not defend him :wink:

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » November 27th, 2021, 12:47 pm

How can a head coach support such a pathetic lack of offense? Mess has a history of failure. Friendship should only go so far. Fire Messingam!
These users thanked the author kswildcat for the post:
PNW Cat

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » November 27th, 2021, 12:48 pm

Messingham!! Sorry.

Texan4KSU

Post by Texan4KSU » November 27th, 2021, 12:54 pm

There was nothing in messinghams resume that says he's qualified for a p5 oc position.. 30yrs, 12 schools all small colleges except for his failed attempt at isu. I would guess all involved, coaches. players and fans know he got his position because of his buddy Klieman. I thought Klieman was here to do whats best for the team but obviously he's looking out for his friends first. Its now up to the administration to do whats best for our team.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 27th, 2021, 1:23 pm

The bottom line is, KSU will never be better than ~8 wins with 9-10th rated offenses in the B12. And we won't improve the offense with Messingham as the OC. Its imperative we get a new OC right now. So Klieman doesn't want to fire his good friend, fine. Keep him on staff as a "consultant", just as long as he has no offensive play calling or game planning responsibilities whatsoever.

We must get a new OC right now.

We also need to be getting 2 more transfer QBs, right now.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 2):
PNW Catemawecaw
EMAW

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » November 27th, 2021, 1:40 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 1:23 pm
The bottom line is, KSU will never be better than ~8 wins with 9-10th rated offenses in the B12. And we won't improve the offense with Messingham as the OC. Its imperative we get a new OC right now. So Klieman doesn't want to fire his good friend, fine. Keep him on staff as a "consultant", just as long as he has no offensive play calling or game planning responsibilities whatsoever.

:agree: Changes must be made. Klieman will be judged by how he handles the failure of our offense. He must make a change now! Unfortunately, I’m not expecting anything other than continue in to blame execution.

What can we as average fans do? The big money fans need to put pressure on to make a change. Most years at this time I’d be making plans to attend the bowl game, wherever it will be. Not this year. I’ve lost my enthusiasm for K-State football. I’m even thinking about not renewing our season tickets. I’m sick of watching crappy play calling lose games.
These users thanked the author kswildcat for the post:
emawecaw

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » November 27th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 1:23 pm

I'm fine with this too. Keep him on as the mascot for all I care. Get a real OC though so that we can actually convince a transfer portal QB to come here. I'm sorry to say it, but if a transfer portal QB actually looks at Messingham and says "yeah, I want to go play for that guy" then I really have to question whether or not we want him. The only way a decent QB would willingly transfer to play for him is if it were his only option... IMO
These users thanked the author PNW Cat for the post (total 3):
kstfan88emawecawNECatFan

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » November 27th, 2021, 2:58 pm

Just checking in. Is he fired yet?
These users thanked the author ChemicalKat for the post:
NECatFan