Skylar West Coast

The defending Big XII Champions
stlcatfan

Re: Skylar West Coast

Post by stlcatfan » October 24th, 2021, 12:44 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
October 24th, 2021, 9:26 am
And I keep seeing posts about his numbers. What I'd like to see is a post of numbers vs games played. In the 6 years he's been here, how does that stack up as an average? Hasn't he played a lot more games that any other QB over 6 years? Has anyone even played 5? What would his stats be in comparison to every other QBs FOUR years here?
I'm not bangin' on the kid. He's as dedicated and driven as anyone you'll ever meet. He's clearly proven that. Without him we don't win another game this year. Yes, even KU.
Hmm. Last year Skylar didn't play against KU and K-State still won 55-14.

True freshman Will Howard's stats in that game:

17/24 for 243 yards. Passed for 2 TDs with no interceptions. He also rushed six times for 23 yards. 10 different receivers had catches in that game.

While I would prefer Skylar stay healthy, I think we will be fine if Will has to come in, in relief.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » October 24th, 2021, 4:21 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
And I keep seeing posts about his numbers. What I'd like to see is a post of numbers vs games played. In the 6 years he's been here, how does that stack up as an average? Hasn't he played a lot more games that any other QB over 6 years? Has anyone even played 5? What would his stats be in comparison to every other QBs FOUR years here?
I'm not bangin' on the kid. He's as dedicated and driven as anyone you'll ever meet. He's clearly proven that. Without him we don't win another game this year. Yes, even KU.
Just to put things in perspective with Skylar - even though he is a super Sr with it being his 6th year - its not like he has played 6 straight years. He did RS a full year with no game experience, he then split time at QB his first 2 seasons with Alex Delton in a run first offense, he then had a great year in 2019, then has been injured the last two years. So if you look at passing attempts versus years played, it tells a different story. Hard not to see how good he has been and will end up being when it is all said and done.

For ST career -
470 completions out of 764 attempts, 61.5% completion rate for 6083 yards as of yesterday - currently at 6083 yards passing, but he's on pace to end at about 7500 yards total, which is second all time. He's on pace to finish his career with 46 TD passes and only 19 INTs (has 36 TDs now in his career and only 15 INTs). Yards per attempt 8 YPA. Career average QB rating - 146.6
TD to INT ratio: 2.4

Now, here's the career stats for Josh Freeman
680 completions for 1151 attempts in 3 FULL seasons, 59.1% completion rate, 8078 yards passing
Average yards per completion - 7 yards per attempt
Average career QB rating - 124.7
Career TD passes - 44
Career INTs - 34
TD to INT ratio: 1.29

Now Lets look at Collin Klein (passing stats only)
354 completions out of 572 attempts, 61.9% completion rate and 4573 yards
yards per attempt - 8 yards per attempt
Average career QB rating - 142.0
Career passing TDs - 29
Career INTs - 13
TD to INT ratio: 2.23
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 3):
NealyFanpowercat5000stlcatfan
EMAW

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » October 24th, 2021, 4:37 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
October 24th, 2021, 12:44 pm
epicsnyder wrote:

17/24 for 243 yards. Passed for 2 TDs with no interceptions. He also rushed six times for 23 yards. 10 different receivers had catches in that game.

While I would prefer Skylar stay healthy, I think we will be fine if Will has to come in, in relief.
Well, it's good to know that because we beat KU with Howard last year, according to you we will do so again. I'll be contacting you about winning lottery numbers soon!
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » October 24th, 2021, 5:30 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
October 24th, 2021, 4:37 pm
stlcatfan wrote:

Well, it's good to know that because we beat KU with Howard last year, according to you we will do so again. I'll be contacting you about winning lottery numbers soon!
The point is if (God forbid!) Skylar gets injured and can't play against KU, we can still win with Howard. I don't remember saying it was a 100% guarantee we would win.

YOU were the one who was speaking in absolutes ("Without him [Skylar] we don't win another game this year. Yes, even KU").
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » October 25th, 2021, 7:42 am

Tbonespop wrote:
October 24th, 2021, 10:13 am
Sometimes you have to look at what one overcomes versus what one accomplishes to determine success.
wise, very wise, words.

:thumbsup:
These users thanked the author KITNooga for the post (total 2):
TbonespopSection 12-2
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » October 25th, 2021, 9:55 am

epicsnyder wrote:
October 24th, 2021, 4:37 pm
stlcatfan wrote:

Well to be fair, you did say we don't beat KU without Skylar, so not sure why the snark in reply. You made an opinion statement and passed it on as fact, stl replied with facts that we beat KU last year with a true freshman Howard and then you come back with snark about lottery tickets??
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post:
stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 25th, 2021, 10:46 am

Cole Manbeck
@Cole_Manbeck
Some numbers on Skylar Thompson this season and how he compares among quarterbacks nationally:
- No. 5 in the country in completion percentage (71.4%)
- No. 9 in the country and No. 1 in the Big 12 in yards per pass attempt (9.5)
- No. 16 nationally in QB rating
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 4):
powercat5000stlcatfanrajstatTbonespop
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » October 25th, 2021, 11:05 am

He is definitely under the radar right now. Quietly putting together a nice statistical season. Needs his defense to keep growing.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 25th, 2021, 11:25 am

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » October 25th, 2021, 7:46 pm

Honestly, having a bum knee is helping him develop as a throwing QB. He doesn't have the real option of running like he used to. I do believe this has helped his development as a passer. Hope he can stay healthy and this continues to help him rise in the rankings. Such a great young man.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 3):
PurpleOnWhitestlcatfanWillyks
EMAW