New NIL deals

The defending Big XII Champions
PNW Cat

New NIL deals

Post by PNW Cat » October 18th, 2021, 2:42 pm

I just saw on Jack Stack BBQ's twitter account that they have a sponsorship deal with Skylar Thompson. As someone who grew up in KC, I love this!

Since I no longer live in the area, I don't get the regional commercials except for when I'm watching Royals games on MLB TV. I know that Deuce has been doing well with the NIL. Have you noticed any other players getting sponsorship deals?

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » October 18th, 2021, 4:45 pm

Good for him! Get what you can get young man!

Though I am quite baffled by it. Not sure what the business gets from it. Are people now going to flock to the place to eat? Do they somehow get a benefit from the deal? And what, exactly is the "sponsorship" value? For either party.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » October 18th, 2021, 5:28 pm

Thats a great question. I think that it just get's people talking about a place. I would be very interested to hear how much our guys are actually making, but I doubt we will hear. I know I'd personally do it for all I can eat burnt ends, Poor Russ sandwiches, and smoked wings LOL! I miss Jack Stack. I love that they ship though. I order it at least once a year, because Oregon has a lot of great food, but BBQ isn't one of them..

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » October 18th, 2021, 7:05 pm

You have an Adam's Rib. Hawkeye always said it was the best BBQ. They have tri tip as well salmon on the menu.

https://bestthingsor.com/bbq/
These users thanked the author Zoltar for the post:
PNW Cat
Win the dang day!

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » October 18th, 2021, 8:09 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
October 18th, 2021, 4:45 pm
Good for him! Get what you can get young man!

Though I am quite baffled by it. Not sure what the business gets from it. Are people now going to flock to the place to eat? Do they somehow get a benefit from the deal? And what, exactly is the "sponsorship" value? For either party.
Tax write off so why not use it to support KState? I would if I had a private business. With Q39, Gates, etc... why not tell the KSU fanbase that you support their guys. I know I'll support them now.

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » October 18th, 2021, 8:24 pm

Zoltar wrote:
October 18th, 2021, 7:05 pm
You have an Adam's Rib. Hawkeye always said it was the best BBQ. They have tri tip as well salmon on the menu.

https://bestthingsor.com/bbq/
Nice, thank you for the tip! I'll have to try that out. There is a food truck here in Eugene called Paper Plate BBQ that isn't too bad. They have good brisket. But I miss the BBQ found in the mid-west. When I lived in Portland I used to go out to this little town west of the Portland suburbs called Forest Grove on Sunday's, because there is a retired Missouri High School football coach that owns a Chiefs Sports Bar out there and serves some decent BBQ too.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » October 18th, 2021, 9:47 pm

I have never been to South Carolina but the Midlands style is what I like best. Pork with a mustard based sauce.

I have had Texas, KC, OK, Arkansas, and Tennessee and really prefer pulled pork with spicy mustard sauce. I make some great country style pork ribs dry rubbed with jerk spice, smoked over apple, cherry, and oak and topped with Dave's Georga Mustard sauce.

These are great for playing golf. You get them ready, put them on, go play golf and when you get home 5 to 6 hours later they are ready.

https://www.bbqhub.net/features/An-Intr ... a-Barbecue
Win the dang day!

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » October 26th, 2021, 9:09 pm

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » October 26th, 2021, 10:04 pm

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » October 27th, 2021, 7:10 am

Zoltar wrote:
October 18th, 2021, 9:47 pm
I have never been to South Carolina but the Midlands style is what I like best. Pork with a mustard based sauce.

I have had Texas, KC, OK, Arkansas, and Tennessee and really prefer pulled pork with spicy mustard sauce. I make some great country style pork ribs dry rubbed with jerk spice, smoked over apple, cherry, and oak and topped with Dave's Georga Mustard sauce.

These are great for playing golf. You get them ready, put them on, go play golf and when you get home 5 to 6 hours later they are ready.

https://www.bbqhub.net/features/An-Intr ... a-Barbecue
everyone has a favorite style. having had the opportunity to sample it coast to coast, north to south, have to say that MY favorite is the KC version.

just that right combination of memphis/st louis meets Texas. sweet, spicy, smoky... but most important? done with beef. pork is okay... beef is absolutely where it's at.

as a youngster, my first experience with burnt ends, the real burnt ends, sealed that deal.

as for pork? a long time ago, when famous daves was in it's glory, their rib tips were just pretty awesome.

in reality? if you want it right, you have to invest and do it yourself...
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest