Week 3: Other games

The defending Big XII Champions
PNW Cat

Re: Week 3: Other games

Post by PNW Cat » September 19th, 2021, 1:29 am

WOW! Fresno State played the Ducks well, but tonight was freaking amazing. Their QB seems to have a broken hip, and lead a game winning drive against UCLA at the Rose Bowl. Great game! Well, there are 14 seconds left, but I don't think UCLA has it in them

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » September 19th, 2021, 2:12 am

Tbonespop wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:45 am
Kansas State will go as far as our OL will take us this year, and they are pretty damn good. Our defense has been really strong and deserves a ton of credit, but what will tell how far this team will go will come down to OL play in the B12.

I think we are getting "serviceable" QB play with enough of a passing threat that we can still run the ball. We're going to have to throw the ball 15-20 times a game IMO (regardless of who is playing QB), and if we can be around that 60% completion rate and 150 yards of passing, that's good enough given what we have done thus far. We've shown that if defenses just sell out to stop the run, that we can burn them deep for a score. No, Will and Jaren passes haven't always been pretty, but they have been good enough defenses have to respect it and that is all that matters.

Beat OSU.

I thought, on a very positive note, that Jaren looked pretty good in the snaps he took today. for a first game? not too bad at all.
These users thanked the author KITNooga for the post:
stlcatfan
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

rajstat

Pick 'Em

Post by rajstat » September 19th, 2021, 10:30 am

PAC looked really bad yesterday. Best win: Oregon State over Idaho or Stanford over Vanderbilt. Or, USC over Washington State (I mean, so many writers put USC on week 3 winners list just because they beat Washington State is something to behold. Almost like Texas is back!). UCLA lost to Fresno, Utah lost to SDSU, Colorado lost to Minnesota (and, accumulated a total of 63 yards in the game while getting blanked), ASU lost to future Big 12 BYU (Who is now 3-0 against PAC, arguably should be the PAC champion already) and Arizona lost to FCS 0-2 Northern Arizona (they might be worse than the mighty KU).

ACC also looked pretty bad. Their best teams might be UNC, Wake and Boston College. Clemson looked bad in a win against a fellow ACC school (just like Oklahoma). Va Tech lost to Big 12 school West Virginia. Florida State looks to be one of the worst P5 school. Louisville, though, notched a win against UCF.

Big 12 looked solid.
These users thanked the author rajstat for the post (total 3):
stlcatfantmcatsMrhcats

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 19th, 2021, 11:00 am

KITNooga wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 2:12 am
Tbonespop wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:45 am
Kansas State will go as far as our OL will take us this year, and they are pretty damn good. Our defense has been really strong and deserves a ton of credit, but what will tell how far this team will go will come down to OL play in the B12.

I think we are getting "serviceable" QB play with enough of a passing threat that we can still run the ball. We're going to have to throw the ball 15-20 times a game IMO (regardless of who is playing QB), and if we can be around that 60% completion rate and 150 yards of passing, that's good enough given what we have done thus far. We've shown that if defenses just sell out to stop the run, that we can burn them deep for a score. No, Will and Jaren passes haven't always been pretty, but they have been good enough defenses have to respect it and that is all that matters.

Beat OSU.

I thought, on a very positive note, that Jaren looked pretty good in the snaps he took today. for a first game? not too bad at all.
Well, its hard to look bad handing the ball off to Deuce and Joe a dozen times when our OL is run blocking like they are. He threw the ball a total of 4 times, 3 of them were short WR passes into the flat where connected on 2 of them for a grand total of 6 yards. The 3rd almost got Brooks head taken off and was almost a lateral. The one throw he threw downfield was the pass interference call where he tried to throw to Malik. I thought the pass was so far off the mark it was uncatchable. But they called it pass interference and I'll gladly take that. I would classify is play as "didn't make any mistakes" which for a first game was commendable. I wouldn't classify it as looked pretty good, just for the fact that he didn't throw the ball down the field. Shoot, he barely threw the ball (when he did, it was short passes into the flat) and he didn't run the ball himself either.
EMAW

SkeeterZX190

Post by SkeeterZX190 » September 19th, 2021, 12:17 pm

Our next opponent-Oklahoma State
Against Boise State Spencer Sanders went 6 for 13 for 82 yards. I think he only had one completion in the 1st half for 7 yards. Jaylen Warren was their offense. 218 yards on 32 carries!😳

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » September 19th, 2021, 2:12 pm

SkeeterZX190 wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:17 pm
Against Boise State Spencer Sanders went 6 for 13 for 82 yards. I think he only had one completion in the 1st half for 7 yards. Jaylen Warren was their offense. 218 yards on 32 carries!😳
And yet Vegas has OSU as a 9 point favorite. Seems pretty high

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » September 19th, 2021, 2:22 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 2:12 pm
SkeeterZX190 wrote:
That number is going to come down, guarantee it
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

SkeeterZX190

Post by SkeeterZX190 » September 19th, 2021, 2:56 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 2:12 pm
SkeeterZX190 wrote:
I'm not a gambler, but that is SO tempting. Okie Light beat Boise State by 1, Tulsa by 5, and Missouri State by 7, and Vegas thinks they're going to beat us by 9??????