Good for Deuce with a shot at the Cats

The defending Big XII Champions
Zoltar

Good for Deuce with a shot at the Cats

Post by Zoltar » September 17th, 2021, 4:59 pm

Win the dang day!

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » September 18th, 2021, 8:04 am

Another article from the national sports media that slams K-State. Even when we have significant positives like #22 on our campus and team, they seem to all be negated by these idiot writers.

And the way our coaching staff is abusing this kid, I'll be surprised if he is standing at seasons end. We have other competent RBs. I am baffled as to why they don't get more of the load.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 18th, 2021, 10:47 am

epicsnyder wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 8:04 am
Another article from the national sports media that slams K-State. Even when we have significant positives like #22 on our campus and team, they seem to all be negated by these idiot writers.

And the way our coaching staff is abusing this kid, I'll be surprised if he is standing at seasons end. We have other competent RBs. I am baffled as to why they don't get more of the load.
i'm not sure how the coaches are 'abusing this kid'? you seem to have a burr. maybe hcck isn't to your liking or something. the reality is that he recruited #22. #22 was a freshman all-american. and #22 is a national star. i'm not sure what else can be expected of #22 or hcck.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » September 18th, 2021, 12:27 pm

tmcats wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:47 am
epicsnyder wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 8:04 am

i'm not sure how the coaches are 'abusing this kid'? you seem to have a burr. maybe hcck isn't to your liking or something. the reality is that he recruited #22. #22 was a freshman all-american. and #22 is a national star. i'm not sure what else can be expected of #22 or hcck.
#22 is being abused by being run 26 carries when the guys right on his heels have earned and deserve more than what they are getting. #22 is a national "star". He won't be when he's on the sideline half way through the season ala Marcus Lattimore when Cut and Run Spurrier ran the piss out of that kid as well. And I've not said a thing negative about hcck. I am referring to the idiot stick that is called the OC. And why are you asking "what else can be expected of #22"? I've not questioned that kid. But you are really good at hearing what you want to hear so I'm not surprised.
These users thanked the author epicsnyder for the post:
Mrhcats
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » September 18th, 2021, 2:44 pm

To me running a shifty guy like Duece and like Sproles was, they get less big hits on them then a bigger running back that doesn't make people miss like those two can.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » September 18th, 2021, 4:00 pm

PurpleWildcat wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 2:44 pm
To me running a shifty guy like Duece and like Sproles was, they get less big hits on them then a bigger running back that doesn't make people miss like those two can.
No argument from me on that fact. But it's not all about impact. It's also about energy expenditure, load over time, playing surface, and torque production throughout the lower extremity for running backs. The wear and tear with high reps put them at increased injury risk when they are run over and over throughout the game, week after week, for the entire season. And with an offense like ours (sans Duece) the work load and pressure on this young man is very heavy right now.

HoopCity

Post by HoopCity » September 18th, 2021, 4:53 pm

Yea, I don't get it. You have one running back getting most of the touches starting his second year. Why has he been the only one to get a chance to start and get the majority of touches since his arrival, politics ??

Lets compare a running back that is starting his 3rd year and had "NO" touches today and was just used to be a blocker, think he would like to get a touch ??? I believe he is also going to all the practices and would like to have at least a chance!! He has never been given a chance like Deuce has been given. When his number was called like last week he had 3 carries for 24 yards, 8 yards a carry and blocked on a few plays.

Why not let him have 10, 15 or 20 touches ??? Is the politics with this team at that extreme that just one certain player gets most of the touches and others are not given a chance?????
In the end talent will eventually win out although it is pretty obvious right now the only one that will be given the opportunity to show their talent is Deuce. Sad to have politics that hold certain individuals back. What is happening is pretty obvious, hope I don't have to explain.....

wazucat

Post by wazucat » September 18th, 2021, 5:49 pm

HoopCity wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 4:53 pm
Yea, I don't get it. You have one running back getting most of the touches starting his second year. Why has he been the only one to get a chance to start and get the majority of touches since his arrival, politics ??

Lets compare a running back that is starting his 3rd year and had "NO" touches today and was just used to be a blocker, think he would like to get a touch ??? I believe he is also going to all the practices and would like to have at least a chance!! He has never been given a chance like Deuce has been given. When his number was called like last week he had 3 carries for 24 yards, 8 yards a carry and blocked on a few plays.

Why not let him have 10, 15 or 20 touches ??? Is the politics with this team at that extreme that just one certain player gets most of the touches and others are not given a chance?????
In the end talent will eventually win out although it is pretty obvious right now the only one that will be given the opportunity to show their talent is Deuce. Sad to have politics that hold certain individuals back. What is happening is pretty obvious, hope I don't have to explain.....
:roll:

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 18th, 2021, 6:18 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 12:27 pm
tmcats wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:47 am

#22 is being abused by being run 26 carries when the guys right on his heels have earned and deserve more than what they are getting. #22 is a national "star". He won't be when he's on the sideline half way through the season ala Marcus Lattimore when Cut and Run Spurrier ran the piss out of that kid as well. And I've not said a thing negative about hcck. I am referring to the idiot stick that is called the OC. And why are you asking "what else can be expected of #22"? I've not questioned that kid. But you are really good at hearing what you want to hear so I'm not surprised.
38-17
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » September 18th, 2021, 6:47 pm

HoopCity wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 4:53 pm

agreed!!!!

EQUITY for all the running backs! EQUITY NOW!!!

and while we're at it: QBs and WR's too!!!

as to 'shot'? sorry, didn't see it. saw a pretty reasonable comment. we ALL know that ESPN and the national media don't want to cover KSU. they did when we had Ron Prince. But not prickly HOFHCBS...
These users thanked the author KITNooga for the post:
tmcats
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest