Pick 'Em

Re: Official KSU vs Southern Illinois game thread

Post by wild@nite » September 12th, 2021, 2:57 am

PNW Cat wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 9:51 pm
bhoovy wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 9:41 pm

That’s what I believing for.

Would love to here Skylar’s injury isn’t as bad a many of us think. But no contact, crumbling in a heap, having to be helped off and not able to return doesn’t seem like it often lends to a very good outcome.
I'm hoping for the best too, but his reaction while on the field seemed to be that of a kid that just realized his playing days were over... I sure hope I read that wrong though. If he can't play, I hope he can maybe get a head start on a coaching/scouting career, similar to that running back from Topeka High that played a short while before having to quit for health reasons. I think that was only 2 years ago. Does anyone recall his name, and if he's still helping out the coaches?
Mike McCoy and yes, he is or at least was on staff.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » September 12th, 2021, 2:59 am

Tbonespop wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 11:08 pm
No offense, but Will needs to be doing footwork drills until he can hardly walk - not theater or public speaking. I know you mean well, so I'm not trying to be mean.

He has the arm strength and physical traits. He struggles with accuracy and decision making. Decision making comes with good coaching and playing experience. Accuracy starts and ends with footwork. He literally needs to be doing nothing but footwork drills at a bare minimum of 2 hours per day, 7 days a week on top of his normal practices. I'm dead serious when I say footwork drills 2 hours a day, 7 days a week - so much that to the point he doesn't think about it - he just does it correctly every time because its that ingrained.
He plays scared.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » September 12th, 2021, 3:29 am

PNW Cat wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 12:18 am
I don't know if it's true, but Kellis Robinett tweeted that Jaren Lewis, is the 3rd sting qb, not Jake. I curious how he's been progressing. He was the kid from Columbia Missouri that was all set to go to North Dakota State, but followed CK here instead. With how many QB's from North Dakota State are now in the NFL, they were obviously good at identifying talent that bigger schools overlooked, and/or coached them up. It also sounds like CK's post game comments point to Will being the guy going forward...
To be honest, I am surprised we haven't seen more of Jaren Lewis, especially last season after Skylar went down. He and Jake need to be ready to go if Will is still struggling to move the offense.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
PNW Cat
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

flatlander

Post by flatlander » September 12th, 2021, 7:01 am

" It also sounds like CK's post game comments point to Will being the guy going forward... "

Ooooh boy
:popcorn:

Scooter KSU
Has thanked: 0

Post by Scooter KSU » September 12th, 2021, 7:15 am

Changing the subject, Feliix Anudike-Uzomah, WOW what a night, 3 sacks, 2 strip sacks, MVP. Love our D-Line Rotation ability, reminds me of the Cowboys super bowls where they could roll out completely new D-Lines, everybody stays fresh and you lose nothing in ability, just gain by being fresh.
These users thanked the author Scooter KSU for the post (total 3):
stlcatfanTbonespopKatmandew1984

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » September 12th, 2021, 8:22 am

stlcatfan wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 3:29 am
PNW Cat wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 12:18 am
I don't know if it's true, but Kellis Robinett tweeted that Jaren Lewis, is the 3rd sting qb, not Jake. I curious how he's been progressing. He was the kid from Columbia Missouri that was all set to go to North Dakota State, but followed CK here instead. With how many QB's from North Dakota State are now in the NFL, they were obviously good at identifying talent that bigger schools overlooked, and/or coached them up. It also sounds like CK's post game comments point to Will being the guy going forward...
To be honest, I am surprised we haven't seen more of Jaren Lewis, especially last season after Skylar went down. He and Jake need to be ready to go if Will is still struggling to move the offense.
Jaren Lewis didn’t play last year, when Will was disasterous… makes me think he won’t play this year either unless his hand is absolutely forced to. True freshman Rubley doesnt sound ready at all.

Should have went after a transfer/JuCo QB, for the situation that Skyler goes down and Will is struggling….similar to now.

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » September 12th, 2021, 8:45 am

After playing almost a full season, Howard is pretty equivalent to a Juco quarterback. They need to have a short leash. If he struggles then try someone else. If the other two aren't even close then maybe we have a WR who can come in and play quarterback. It's worked before. They need to try anything or they will start loosing people. Not only some players, but fans included.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » September 12th, 2021, 8:56 am

PurpleWildcat wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 8:45 am
After playing almost a full season, Howard is pretty equivalent to a Juco quarterback. They need to have a short leash. If he struggles then try someone else. If the other two aren't even close then maybe we have a WR who can come in and play quarterback. It's worked before. They need to try anything or they will start loosing people. Not only some players, but fans included.
It's too bad that we don't have an easier opponent next week for Will to develop some confidence. Last season, he was thrown into the fire during conference play. Hopefully, being the one getting the snaps with the #1 unit in practice this week, he will be more prepared to play next Saturday.

On a related note, has anyone heard an update on Skylar's injury?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 12th, 2021, 9:25 am

stanford 42 usc 28 :?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » September 12th, 2021, 9:30 am

tmcats wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 9:25 am
stanford 42 usc 28 :?
You mean that poor Stanford team, which was the only reason KSU beat them Stanford? Surely not.

Must be a different Stanford. Maybe we actually played Samford?
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 3):
tmcatsstlcatfanSection 12-2