New Transfer - Reggie Stubblefield

The defending Big XII Champions
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: New Transfer - Reggie Stubblefield

Post by katlander » May 13th, 2021, 9:58 am

tmcats wrote:
May 13th, 2021, 9:43 am
judged on early results, the transfer portal will be a boon to k-state football. i don't know how anyone can argue otherwise based on the facts at this point in time. that's why hcck's decision to hold back scholarships for this purpose makes good sense to me.
I agree, I think this is a mother lode of talent to be mined for programs who struggle to compete for top HS players. Maturity helps the young guys to be realistic about where they belong and find early playing time. Get ready for a talent upgrade and the ability to find guys to plug holes in areas of need. Hopefully a talented receiver and a linebacker are in our near future.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 13th, 2021, 10:03 am

tmcats wrote:
May 13th, 2021, 9:43 am
judged on early results, the transfer portal will be a boon to k-state football. i don't know how anyone can argue otherwise based on the facts at this point in time. that's why hcck's decision to hold back scholarships for this purpose makes good sense to me.
KSU lost 1 to 2 starters due to the portal in Youngblood and if you count Alexander who was a starter before opting out, but had already likely lost his job. In return, they got 3 to 5 starters as Horne, Brents, Yeast will all start, Imatorbhebhe and now Stubblefield could also be starters. Add in Munoz as the 1st LB off the bench and the additions of Warner and walkon Garber are just extra icing.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 13th, 2021, 10:17 am

joshua youngblood is the transfer that has "hurt" written all over it. we'll have to see how he does at rutgers. before the portal, we lost corey sutton, winston dimel, and others.

if we were to lose the likes of duece vaughn, malik knowles, or cooper beebe to the portal, i'd be seriously worried today, just as i would be for mbb if it was bradford, miguel, or pack. but that doesn't seem to be happening. the opposite seems to be the case as ajcat points out above.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » May 13th, 2021, 10:33 am

On the flipside, look at KU. They've lost some big pieces(starters) due to transfer that who are going to schools like Florida St, Tennessee, Northwestern and likely Auburn. And they've gained 3 guys transferring in, 2 which were walkons. KU fans hating the transfer portal would be an understatement(at this point). I'm sure the new coach will bring some transfers in.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 13th, 2021, 10:45 am

the ku player/recruit love for les miles has always bewildered me.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » May 13th, 2021, 11:02 am

No doubt we will lose a big time player to the portal at some point. I can see them going to a top program for more exposure and a chance to play for championships. I don't expect a lot of this but am confident it will happen at some point. Overall I don't like the portal but its here so we may as well use it to our full advantage.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » May 13th, 2021, 12:38 pm

This year the transfer portal has seemingly been pretty kind to KSU but there will be years when we curse it. The staff hopefully will have more positive years than negative years in the future when it comes to the portal.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 13th, 2021, 1:53 pm

Corey Sutton is probably the only transfer I can think of that I wish had stayed at KSU and even he has had the injury bug. He also was having success at Appalachian State, so I'm not sure if that would translate the same at the P5 level.

Winston Dimel was a good FB, but he was still a FB which isn't an crucial position and he spent his UTEP year injured.

People might say Sams, but Waters was pretty good without him.

Maybe Youngblood will be one KSU fans regret losing, but it's still Rutgers. I can't think of any other transfers that really looked like they were missed P5 talent after transferring. Maybe now that the transfer system is easier, we could see more of it, but so far, transfers have benefited KSU more then hurt them.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » May 13th, 2021, 11:33 pm

but so far, the transfers have benefited KSU more then hurt them.

I agree and feel this will continue to be the case.

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » May 14th, 2021, 9:38 am

tmcats wrote:
May 13th, 2021, 10:17 am
joshua youngblood is the transfer that has "hurt" written all over it. we'll have to see how he does at rutgers. before the portal, we lost corey sutton, winston dimel, and others.

if we were to lose the likes of duece vaughn, malik knowles, or cooper beebe to the portal, i'd be seriously worried today, just as i would be for mbb if it was bradford, miguel, or pack. but that doesn't seem to be happening. the opposite seems to be the case as ajcat points out above.
I have to disagree with you on this one tmcats. One thing that K_STATE has proven to us over the years is that the team seams to find the returners. The return schemes are team oriented and it's and "attitude" that these guys take pride in. You have to have a lot of confidence to be a good returner though. It's a fine line between confidence and cockiness and I think Youngblood landed on the latter side. I may be wrong, but I think he will never have another year like that in the return game and I don't see his WR years as going anywhere either. I actually hope I'm wrong and he learns from this and becomes a better teammate and player.