3 more transfers out

The defending Big XII Champions
AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Re: 3 more transfers out

Post by AJcat7755 » April 8th, 2021, 11:02 am

Green and Fletcher are solid starters and Munoz brings experience and speed for passing downs as the first backup in.

The problem is, after those 3, there is some question marks. You have Wayne Jones who is a converted safety, Cameron Key and Austin Moore who are 2 walkons from KS and Key was a DB last season and then Haselhorst and Pritchard who are 2 incoming freshman who won't be ready for Big 12 play. Very little experience at KSU as a LB in this group. Some have experience as a DB, some have backup/special teams experience, and some are brand new to college football.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » April 8th, 2021, 10:04 pm

Thank you for putting into words what I'm worried about far better than I was able to do. :lol:
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » April 9th, 2021, 2:56 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 9:33 am
Walkon placekicker Owen Lawson from Rockhurst is transferring.

Is it just me, or is it just this year that we are hearing about walkons transferring? Nothing against walkons, but the impact seems pretty minimal and it's a bit odd they announce they are leaving when they aren't on scholarship anyways.

Ryan Wallace
@GPCwallace
PWO kicker also leaving K-State.

Former Rockhurst standout was considered the best in KC out of high school but wasn’t heavily in conversation for PK duties this offseason.

It’ll be Ty Zentner and Taiten Winkel from here on out. Chris Tennant will add another leg in summer.
It's just a continuation of the look-at-me generation. You are a walk-on. Nobody cares. You can "announce" when you are taking a dump.....nobody cares. SHOW me something young man. I'm not bashing you because you are a walk-on. But you are just ANOTHER in a LONG line of look-at-me guys .......that nobody wants to look at. I hope you find your place. And I hope you become all you think you are. But STFU and SHOW me that you are good as you THINK you are. Until then, stop announcing your every move. Nobody cares.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 9th, 2021, 3:12 pm

it's also a way for transfers to get their name noticed in the marketplace. nothing wrong with that.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
mustang
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » April 12th, 2021, 10:04 am

Texas transfer Juwan Mitchell was in Manhattan over the weekend. Looks like the staff is trying to add to the LB group. Mitchell came to Texas from Butler JUCO. However there are reports he was struggling academically at Texas.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » April 12th, 2021, 4:24 pm

KsJoey wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 10:04 am
Texas transfer Juwan Mitchell was in Manhattan over the weekend. Looks like the staff is trying to add to the LB group. Mitchell came to Texas from Butler JUCO. However there are reports he was struggling academically at Texas.
Another reason I don't believe the staff feels they are in good shape at LBer no matter what they say publicly.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » April 12th, 2021, 4:34 pm

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 10179.html

Juwan visited with former teammate Ty Zentner. I also didn't realize it, but Juwan was the leading tackler for the longhorns last year. This would be a huge pickup IMO, if the staff could pull it off.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » April 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm

KsJoey wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 4:34 pm

Juwan visited with former teammate Ty Zentner. I also didn't realize it, but Juwan was the leading tackler for the longhorns last year. This would be a huge pickup IMO, if the staff could pull it off.
Can you copy/paste this? Can't read it.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » April 12th, 2021, 4:49 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm
KsJoey wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 4:34 pm

Can you copy/paste this? Can't read it.
New transfer possibilities emerge for Wildcats
BY KELLIS ROBINETT
APRIL 12, 2021 02:32 PM

Shortly after Kansas State’s football season ended with a humbling 69-31 loss against Texas last December, coach Chris Klieman pointed out the biggest difference he saw between the Wildcats and the Longhorns.

“We have to get bigger,” Klieman said back then. “We have to get stronger. We have to get heavier. We have to do all those things, because we were mismatched today.”

Another option: K-State could recruit a few Texas players who decided to enter the NCAA transfer portal after the Longhorns closed out their year with a victory at the Alamo Bowl.

Several months later, it appears that possibility could become reality. Juwan Mitchell, a 6-foot-1 and 230-pound junior linebacker who led the Longhorns in tackles last season, is considering K-State as a potential transfer destination. Mitchell told Gopowercat.com that he spent the weekend in Manhattan visiting K-State kicker Ty Zentner and that he holds a scholarship offer from the Wildcats.

Linebacker is a position of need for K-State as the Wildcats look to replace long-time starters Justin Hughes and Elijah Sullivan.

K-State emerged from spring practice with good depth at the position. Klieman had good things to say about Daniel Green, Cody Fletcher, Eric Munoz, Wayne Jones and other players that line up in the middle of the defense. But the Wildcats could benefit from adding an impact transfer to the mix.

Klieman said last week that he is open to adding transfers at any position where it makes sense to do so.

Mitchell will bring valuable experience wherever he ends up after he started eight of 10 games and made 62 tackles last season at Texas.

He is originally from Newark, New Jersey but he has a connection to the Sunflower State. Mitchell played one season at Butler Community College, where he was teammates with Zentner. Overall, four players on K-State’s current roster once played at Butler.

It is unclear how many other teams are recruiting Mitchell, but he told Gopowercat that he also holds an offer from Tennessee.

Mitchell has experienced some winding recruitment stories over the years. Before landing at Texas, he signed with Rutgers and orally committed to Minnesota. He also put his name in the transfer portal last year and decided to remain with the Longhorns.
These users thanked the author KsJoey for the post (total 2):
epicsnyderKralicek

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » May 3rd, 2021, 10:16 pm

Mitchell goes to Tennessee, chances of adding a quality lber transfer have probably dried up.