Post title game thoughts?....

The defending Big XII Champions
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post title game thoughts?....

Post by wild@nite » January 12th, 2021, 8:25 am

Mine haven't changed. The system sucks. "Nick Saban the best of all time". BS!!! He is a good HC, and deserves much recognition, but he is a huge beneficiary of a broken system led by ESPN knob slobbing. That has to factor in.

That game did nothing but continue to drive me further away as a fan. C'mon NCAA. Balance the playing field. Bama is as close to an NFL team as you will see at the college level. They had 2 top two round picks injured in the first half, a third ejected for targeting, and a fourth injured early in the third and still just punked OSU. And think.... OSU punked Clemson.

Just no fun. 85 schollies to 80. 16 teams. Anything less, imo, won't fix anything. Only separate the SEC even further.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » January 12th, 2021, 9:18 am

The top recruits will continue to filter to about 10 schools because those are the ones that have a shot at the title. And as long as the media, aka ESPN, is involved with the SEC, they will continue to prop up that conference more then others because of mutual benefits. And then when they bend the rules to get certain teams in, Ohio State being a prime example, it further shows how corrupt the system is. Years of watching the Big 12 and KSU get screwed over if teams don't have OU or UT on their jerseys are prime examples.

Every other team is just hoping to put together a once in a lifetime magical year to even be in the consideration.

That's what makes the NCAA basketball tournament so much fun, because everyone has a chance, not just a few teams. And for all the big boys the complain about upsets, in the end, the Final Four is usually blue bloods with maybe 1 Cinderella in there.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » January 12th, 2021, 10:26 am

My take? Alabama is unfairly just damned good. I could do Saban's job given his assistants and players. ;)

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 12th, 2021, 10:59 am

1. i have great admiration for saban. he seems to recruit good youngsters, elite athletes and wins like nobody else.
2. ohio did not cheat the system or bend the cfp rules. that was a b10 decision to qualify them for the cfp.
3. i hit the mute button during the 4Q so my wife could read and i could watch in the same room. she was bored by it all.
4. i noticed both teams' uniforms were traditional which must have caused angst for some people here.
5. alabama has clearly taken offense seriously and thus changed the game at the elite level.
6. even ohio's athletes were not of the same size, speed, and crunching ability as alabama's.
7. i couldn't understand why ohio tried to play 3 or 4 linebackers and man defense as they clearly couldn't cover alabama one-on-one.
8. justin fields didn't help his draft stock.
9. didn't some here madly chirp that to win college quarterbacks had to be dual-threat? lol to that, gentlemen.
10. if the cfp doesn't expand soon to at least 8, the game is going to lose its following.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » January 12th, 2021, 11:06 am

This game easily qualified as a "who cares" game for me. Until they expand to at least 8 teams the championship will continue to be the property of the chosen few. Alabama is certainly a great team and the top of the chosen few. What a boring end to a weird season.

Ozarkcat

Post by Ozarkcat » January 12th, 2021, 11:10 am

Didn't watch a single minute of it and this is coming from a huge Wildcat sports fan. I had no interest in watching and hearing about how great the SEC is and the Alabama dynasty. I have nothing personal against Alabama or Coach Saban; my disdain is more for ESPN and the broken system they have created. Do they honestly think there wouldn't be more interest if teams like Cincinnati or Coastal Carolina was in an eight or 16 team playoff this season? That would have interested me much more, even if one or both of those teams lost in the first round.
These users thanked the author Ozarkcat for the post:
Kralicek

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 12th, 2021, 11:12 am

ozark, another way to put it for me: i'd rather watch the ncaa tournament first round than the cfp.

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » January 12th, 2021, 1:28 pm

Playoff needs to expand. I had little interest in the game, because I don't like either team. But I did root for Bama just because I despise the b1g. Maybe you have to live in b1g country to understand that. But the arrogance in insufferable.
I did end up watching it because a buddy wagered me a 6'er on it ( I won). Basically, I want some new blood in there. I think the consensus is just that. Nobody is talking about it at work because of who played. Playoff - whether it is 8 or 16 I don't know. I really enjoy bowl games, so would hate to see those go away. And I like the award (bowl invite) some of the teams that would not be in the playoff get. Though I don't think we need 40 so we are filling with teams with losing records. If a majority of those bowl games would remain in place, I would probably be on board for 16 as well. But I think it can get watered down when you get there.
Regarding the dual threat QB - TM that was probably me. I never said though you had to have one to win a natty. I just think with the talent KSU gets it gives them a better opportunity. I also find a dual threat QB much more enjoyable to watch and would think more difficult to defend. Again my opinion. Tell me an offense of KSU's more fun to watch than when Bishop or Roberson were in there. Lastly Mack Jones is damn good. He is accurate and has hellacious talent around him. Don't need a running QB if you have all the other pieces there. Fields is also very good and accurate. He was dinged last night coming in from Clemson game, so not sure he was quite himself with the opportunities to run.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 12th, 2021, 1:47 pm

answering your question about bishop or e3's teams, i have always said the best team i ever saw k-state field on a single day was jonathan beasley's cotton bowl outfit v. tennessee.

terence newman was a sophomore. the team was loaded with 11 future nfl players. guys like rock cartwright, josh scobey, david allen, quincy morgan, terry pierce, ben leber. finished 8th in the final coaches' poll. they were magnificent. lost twice in close games to ou which finished #1 that year

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » January 12th, 2021, 2:10 pm

So, I take it that Alabama won?
These users thanked the author PurpleWildcat for the post:
Kralicek