Khalid Duke

The defending Big XII Champions
Gorhoops

Re: Khalid Duke

Post by Gorhoops » September 15th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Texan4KSU wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 11:10 am
If a lot of the players were standing on the sidelines I would guess it wasn't covid related that they were not playing. Do we have that many physically injured????

There were definitely 20-25 guys standing on the sidelines with black t-shirts and purple pants with a unity message on front and their # on the back. All were wearing masks, but I am not sure if it was Covid related why they were there, unless they all had tested negative but were not cleared from all the heart related testing they have to do.

Youngblood, Wykeen Gill, Jacardia, Clyde Price, Duke, Archer, etc. were all down there, plus a whole bunch of other, probably younger guys that I didn't know. Jahron McPherson was suited but didn't play in the second half. Once we lost Wayne Jones, without McPherson and Alexander, we had Monty and the Junction City QB playing safety on their winning TD to an NFL WR.

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » September 15th, 2020, 2:19 pm

Texan4KSU wrote:
If a lot of the players were standing on the sidelines I would guess it wasn't covid related that they were not playing. Do we have that many physically injured????
I wondered the same thing reading thie thread. Whether they test negative or not. Quarantine is isolation from others.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » September 15th, 2020, 3:29 pm

DeereCatFan wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:19 pm
Texan4KSU wrote:
I wondered the same thing reading thie thread. Whether they test negative or not. Quarantine is isolation from others.
Could still be Covid related. If they were quarantined and not able to practice for 2 weeks, they weren't prepared mentally or physically to play if they just got cleared.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » September 15th, 2020, 5:00 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Texan4KSU wrote:

There were definitely 20-25 guys standing on the sidelines with black t-shirts and purple pants with a unity message on front and their # on the back. All were wearing masks, but I am not sure if it was Covid related why they were there, unless they all had tested negative but were not cleared from all the heart related testing they have to do.

Youngblood, Wykeen Gill, Jacardia, Clyde Price, Duke, Archer, etc. were all down there, plus a whole bunch of other, probably younger guys that I didn't know. Jahron McPherson was suited but didn't play in the second half. Once we lost Wayne Jones, without McPherson and Alexander, we had Monty and the Junction City QB playing safety on their winning TD to an NFL WR.
Honestly, this is just going to be the norm for 2020....this season may, in fact, just be the ultimate test of your program's depth.
These users thanked the author WIldWIllieCat for the post:
tmcats