Trotter

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
gdgjr78

Trotter

Post by gdgjr78 » September 12th, 2020, 5:40 pm

I like the kid and he plays hard and deserves to get some PT but for him to have nearly 20 offensive touches makes zero sense with some of the playmakers we have. Duece should get the majority of opportunities in the backfield as long as he can handle the load imo.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Ksustephens
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ksustephens » September 12th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Trotter is just too slow for a big 12 running back. He may be a great student and person but just not Big 12 caliber imo

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » September 12th, 2020, 6:10 pm

After seeing Duece completely whif on a block to protect Skylar, I think he too shall be limited until he figures that out. I’m surprised to not see more of Burns to be honest.

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » September 12th, 2020, 6:16 pm

Agreed. That missed block hurt. Trotter does the little things very well. I imagine when Duece and Burns get more practice time we’ll see more of them.

gdgjr78

Post by gdgjr78 » September 12th, 2020, 6:23 pm

kswildcat wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 6:16 pm
Agreed. That missed block hurt. Trotter does the little things very well. I imagine when Duece and Burns get more practice time we’ll see more of them.
Trotter had a big holding call on a long run that essentially meant we had to punt as well. The other big question is where the heck is Wright at? People that cover the team have hinted he's in the doghouse or something but who knows.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » September 12th, 2020, 7:38 pm

Wright was dealing with in injury as noted by CK. I'm wondering why we didn't see more of Burns.

Also, in a diamond formation, having Duece try to lead block for Trotter is not a good strategy.
These users thanked the author AJcat7755 for the post:
wazucat

Orion12521

Post by Orion12521 » September 12th, 2020, 8:06 pm

Deuce is great, I'm excited to see what he develops into. That said, he isn't the second coming of Sproles. Darren was maybe as great a blocking back as we ever ever had. He was was able to get under every defender he blocked and with his strength to weight ratio, almost never got beat. Deuce is special, but he's going to be special in his own way. At this time, it's not blocking....

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » September 12th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Orion12521 wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 8:06 pm
Deuce is great, I'm excited to see what he develops into. That said, he isn't the second coming of Sproles. Darren was maybe as great a blocking back as we ever ever had. He was was able to get under every defender he blocked and with his strength to weight ratio, almost never got beat. Deuce is special, but he's going to be special in his own way. At this time, it's not blocking....
At this time Deuce won't be the lead back getting 15+ carries a game. He wouldn't hold up for a whole season. He also isn't the type of back to run between the tackles and fall forward in short yard situations. He can't lead block for other RBs. He won't be in there blocking for the QB on 3rd downs. I agree, his is going to be special in his own way, but he is going to need to be paired with a bigger back for the other duties.

gdgjr78

Post by gdgjr78 » September 12th, 2020, 8:24 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 8:12 pm
Orion12521 wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 8:06 pm
At this time Deuce won't be the lead back getting 15+ carries a game. He wouldn't hold up for a whole season. He also isn't the type of back to run between the tackles and fall forward in short yard situations. He can't lead block for other RBs. He won't be in there blocking for the QB on 3rd downs. I agree, his is going to be special in his own way, but he is going to need to be paired with a bigger back for the other duties.
Well what I saw today from trotter turning 18 touches into 51 yds he isnt that guy either. Deuce turned his 13 touches into 71 yds and frankly looked far more explosive. Klieman also said previously that four backs would get work this game. Trotter, Deuce, Burns, and Wright were expected to all play.

Kid In the Hall
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kid In the Hall » September 12th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Trotter is a situational substitute at best - if you can't be the primary RB at Ft. Scott CC, you probably shouldn't be at K-State. That's the reality of the situation. If we don't have anyone better, it's on the coaching staff for not being able to recruit anyone better after 2 years.

Having said that, the OL didn't do him - or Vaughn - any favors today.