AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Re: No P5 OOC Games

Post by AJcat7755 » July 31st, 2020, 10:15 am

tmcats wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 8:15 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 5:40 pm

The school that cancels it has to pay unless it's a joint decisions to cancel it. Which is why KSU could hold Vandy to paying for the game. With KSU's schedule booked with P5s till 2032, there is no real point in rescheduling 12+ years from now, or playing 2 P5 in a year. I say make Vandy pay, it's the least they can do the terrible game in Nashville.
having written many contracts in my prior life, I know they're not all alike. and one would think they would be written differently between power 5 schools than lower levels. we don't know the language. if they have force majuere clauses, a good argument can be made that no one is due a dime.

Force Majeure Clauses Generally
A force majeure clause is a contractual provision which excuses one or both parties’ performance obligations when circumstances arise which are beyond the parties’ control and make performance of the contract impractical or impossible.[1]
https://247sports.com/Article/College-f ... 149646635/

Seems like it would depend on the specific language in the contract, if a force majeure is present that is, and if they are willing to fight it. I'm sure Vandy has some pretty good lawyers so it may not be worth the fight.

However, Vandy can somehow travel to College Station, and it's okay, but they can't travel to Manhattan? Seems like a thin line to say they can play all their other games, even one where they are hosting Florida, from a state that has been hit hard, but can't play other games. There is at least an argument to be heard, but maybe not one that can win.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » July 31st, 2020, 11:12 am

It's all about a politically correct "sense" of security, more anything else. Makes about as much sense as delaying gradeschools by 3 weeks, thinking Covid will be better by then. I guess you'll never know 100% either way, but the school and admin can now say they tried. Blaa

kswrangler52

Post by kswrangler52 » July 31st, 2020, 12:04 pm

And Notre Dame gets special treatment again, the ACC had them by the balls but was would not squeeze. Instead they will let them play of a conference championship of a league they won't totally join and give up nothing to do so. Makes me sick how ND is catered to yet other Independents are left to scrounge up games against schools that do nothing to help their profiles. The ACC should have said "all in" or your out on your own to find games since we are playing conference only. Seems like it was a move to get an all ACC/SEC playoff.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 31st, 2020, 12:42 pm

kswrangler52 wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 12:04 pm
And Notre Dame gets special treatment again, the ACC had them by the balls but was would not squeeze. Instead they will let them play of a conference championship of a league they won't totally join and give up nothing to do so. Makes me sick how ND is catered to yet other Independents are left to scrounge up games against schools that do nothing to help their profiles. The ACC should have said "all in" or your out on your own to find games since we are playing conference only. Seems like it was a move to get an all ACC/SEC playoff.
It's okay for teams to travel and play Notre Dame. I guess touchdown jesus prevents COVID?

However, any games played against ND and the ACC, the revenue will be distributed evenly among 15 teams instead of ND just taking it all. But that also means the flip side that ND gets a 1/15 cut of the ACC TV revenue, which is less so ND still losses more then they get, but it lessons the pain.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 31st, 2020, 1:30 pm

in the vandy case, these schools are not enemies. if it comes down to lawyers screaming at one another over this both schools lose. like in business, these p5 schools will work it out. it's not death match, it's a football game between to well-healed programs. now, northern Iowa may hold iowa's feet to the fire. that game is really financially critical to the panthers's program one would think. the same with buffalo in our case.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » July 31st, 2020, 8:08 pm

My concern is that if the MLB is in trouble of being shut down after only one week how can we even think that CFB will be played this season?
These users thanked the author Zoltar for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanHypeman
Win the dang day!