Senior QBs...Help me Out

The defending Big XII Champions
PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Re: Senior QBs...Help me Out

Post by PurpleOnWhite » July 23rd, 2020, 5:02 pm

I think ST is a good QB. Certainly not great. I consider him - until proven otherwise - somewhat “soft” when the pressure is on. He’s really good when on a roll but seems to struggle with adversity. His sideline demeanor runs the gamut. Hopefully the talent behind him will allow him to elevate his game and find greater confidence.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 23rd, 2020, 5:04 pm

KITNooga wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 4:30 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 4:01 pm
He had a JR Carson Coffman and FR Collin Klein (who was actually listed as a WR at the time) as his backups unless you also want to count Daniel Thomas who played QB in HS before his JUCO years. There was a reason why he was needed as a grad transfer for 1 year, because Prince didn't leave much in the cupboard behind Freeman.
as I recall, wins aside, there was a whole lot of appreciation for Grant and what he was able to do for the team that year.
Tough as nails and his arm could barely complete a pass by the end of the season by how much beating he took. If it wasn't for the scheduling issue, he would have had a bowl game to his name as well. I don't think any QB on the roster would have done much better at that point in their careers.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » July 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 5:02 pm
I think ST is a good QB. Certainly not great. I consider him - until proven otherwise - somewhat “soft” when the pressure is on. He’s really good when on a roll but seems to struggle with adversity. His sideline demeanor runs the gamut. Hopefully the talent behind him will allow him to elevate his game and find greater confidence.
I totally agree. I just about posted a similar post earlier, but decided not to. He's a good kid and above average QB, but wouldn't even start for half of the teams in this conference. Stat wise, sure, hes piling up some decent #'s because we've had little competition at the QB spot since his arrival.

If he has a stellar (I mean stellar) year this year, then we can revisit. Right now, he is #9 all time for me.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
ksu4tc

ksu4tc

Post by ksu4tc » July 23rd, 2020, 6:35 pm

wild@nite wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm
PurpleOnWhite wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 5:02 pm
I totally agree. I just about posted a similar post earlier, but decided not to. He's a good kid and above average QB, but wouldn't even start for half of the teams in this conference. Stat wise, sure, hes piling up some decent #'s because we've had little competition at the QB spot since his arrival.

If he has a stellar (I mean stellar) year this year, then we can revisit. Right now, he is #9 all time for me.
I have been a HUGE ST fan since he came to K-State, but after watching the 2019 games the past few months on the DVR he certainly has his moments of WTF?! See the OU game with his "when he's on" with the 3rd quarter, then there's other points of other games where I'm wondering where his head is/was.

I, of course, hope his senior year is just as good as other past K-State QBs!

Texan4KSU

Post by Texan4KSU » July 23rd, 2020, 7:41 pm

I also agree on where his head was at during certain points in the season . His mental toughness and sideline demeanor were a head scratcher in certain games in the past. I think he is a very emotional player and can get carried away at times. He doesn't get it from his QB coach as Coach Klein was as mentally tough as a QB can be aside from being the toughest QB we may have ever had.

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » July 23rd, 2020, 10:43 pm

I can see why there is discussion about his demeanor but I actually don’t have a problem with that. To me, I’ve never seen the physical development skill-wise that I thought we’d see after coming in as 3/4 star. 9 wins as a senior will go a long ways though towards his place in KState history :)