Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
Zoltar

Koenning out at West Virginia

Post by Zoltar » July 22nd, 2020, 10:39 am

Win the dang day!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 22nd, 2020, 11:15 am

cultural changes are real. coaches will have to learn new ways, I guess. social media is relentless, and they are easy targets given the nature of the profession.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
blyne3
Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

KsJoey
Has thanked: 0

Post by KsJoey » July 22nd, 2020, 11:26 am

tmcats wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 11:15 am
cultural changes are real. coaches will have to learn new ways, I guess. social media is relentless, and they are easy targets given the nature of the profession.
I agree. Not defending Koenning, but one thing for sure, coaches have to take any kind of religious or political views out of coaching. It's just too easy to certain kids nowadays to complain about either and cause immediate repercussions. That's just the way this world has become.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 22nd, 2020, 1:19 pm

Hindsight is 20/20, but maybe Seiler should have stuck around instead of going to Old Dom. I'm sure he would have been promoted to DC at WVU in this instance. I know it would suck to have waited, but how many years before Seiler gets a P5 DC job now?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 22nd, 2020, 1:20 pm

i'd guess blake would be on their short list.
Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 22nd, 2020, 2:56 pm

tmcats wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 1:20 pm
i'd guess blake would be on their short list.
Depends on how he left. It appears he left KSU because the job offered (if it was offered) would have been a demotion back to LB coach, but then took the same job at WVU. Then after 1 year at WVU, he left to be a DC at a FCS school. Did he burn any bridges along the way at WVU?

WVU also has 3 assistant coaches that have various DC experience they could promote:

Jeff Koonz - Spent 1 season as a Co-DC at Cincinnati. Also has a wide range of experience as he has coached ILB, LB, Safeties, Secondary and Special Teams at various schools.

Jordan Lesley - 5 years as a DC at 3 different JUCOs. Along with coaching LB, DL, and DTs

Dontae Wright - 1 year as a DC at Moorehead and 1 year as a DC at Tennessee Tech. Along with coaching DL, ST, DE, Safeties and OLB

Compared to Seiler - 1 years as an assistant DC and 1 year as a Co-DC at KSU . Along with coaching DE, LB and ILB

bhoovy
Been thanked: 0

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » July 22nd, 2020, 9:07 pm

KsJoey wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 11:26 am
tmcats wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 11:15 am
I agree. Not defending Koenning, but one thing for sure, coaches have to take any kind of religious or political views out of coaching. It's just too easy to certain kids nowadays to complain about either and cause immediate repercussions. That's just the way this world has become.
Political views, yes. Religious, or more to the point, your faith, absolutely not if you’re truly sincere about it and have a relationship with Christ.

Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26.

That doesn’t mean you need to be up in anyone’s face about it, as that’s not what it is to be a person of faith anyway. But if you’re really a person of faith, it encompasses everything about you.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » July 23rd, 2020, 8:58 am

bhoovy wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 9:07 pm
KsJoey wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 11:26 am

Political views, yes. Religious, or more to the point, your faith, absolutely not if you’re truly sincere about it and have a relationship with Christ.

Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26.

That doesn’t mean you need to be up in anyone’s face about it, as that’s not what it is to be a person of faith anyway. But if you’re really a person of faith, it encompasses everything about you.
I agree, a strong faith is not something you can cover up, nor should you. Nobody is talking about being ashamed of religion/faith. There just has to be a very fine line and know when to keep things to yourself, or else it takes just 1 kid to be rubbed the wrong way and your career is destroyed.

ToledoCat#3

Post by ToledoCat#3 » July 23rd, 2020, 9:44 am

One's faith and religious/spiritual beliefs are personal and best kept private. IMHO

bhoovy
Been thanked: 0

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » July 23rd, 2020, 1:36 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 9:44 am
One's faith and religious/spiritual beliefs are personal and best kept private. IMHO
Then that wouldn’t be a true follower of Christ, as it wouldn’t serve the great commission,

18And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20.

So one would have to ask themselves “am I just a so-called casual Christian, just saying I am when it’s convenient for me”? Or “am I truly committed to my relationship with Christ”, in which it cannot be compartmentalized.
Last edited by bhoovy on July 23rd, 2020, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.