2020 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
tmcats
Posts: 9157
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Pick 'Em

Re: 2020 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll

Post by tmcats » July 21st, 2020, 5:23 pm

if aj had been at corner, navy would never have pulled off that trick play, they'd have been ou-screwed. and mess's offense is good enough to beat oklahoma and k-state, and that's good enough for me. i love smash-mouth football utilizing the tight-end pass game. i'll never forget the bison ramming it down our throat to win that game. it was a work of beauty, and i hope to see lots of it here at state.
Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

NealyFan
Posts: 3749
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:18 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Post by NealyFan » July 21st, 2020, 5:58 pm

tmcats wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 5:23 pm
if aj had been at corner, navy would never have pulled off that trick play, they'd have been ou-screwed. and mess's offense is good enough to beat oklahoma and k-state, and that's good enough for me. i love smash-mouth football utilizing the tight-end pass game. i'll never forget the bison ramming it down our throat to win that game. it was a work of beauty, and i hope to see lots of it here at state.
Agreed on all counts.

I think with no spring ball and perhaps a shortened season, upsets will be more rampant.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

wild@nite
Posts: 3347
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 1:35 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » July 21st, 2020, 8:16 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 1:40 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 12:26 pm
Tier 1 - OU, OSU, UT - Big 12 championship game will come out of this tier
Tier 2 - ISU, KSU, TCU, BU - Bowl teams (although that depends if OOC games are played or not)
Tier 3 - WVU, TTU, KU - Below .500 teams (if OOC games are played, maybe 1 flirting with right at .500)
I went game by game and picked a winner to expand on this.

I added the assumption that any game cancelled will be replaced by an easy FCS or lower tier G5 team as the NCAA for this year will allow 2 FCS wins to count towards bowl games. So given that, any replacement games were automatic wins.

OU - 11-1 (8-1)
UT - 10-2 (8-1)
OSU - 10-2 (7-2)
ISU - 8-4 (5-4)
BU - 8-4 (5-4)
KSU - 7-5 (4-5)
TCU - 6-6 (3-6)
WVU - 5-7 (3-6)
TTU - 4-8 (1-8)
KU - 3-9 (0-9)
Not trying to nitpick, but the W/L don't balance out in conference play. You're 1 off at 44-46.

wild@nite
Posts: 3347
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 1:35 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » July 21st, 2020, 8:19 pm

tmcats wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 5:23 pm
if aj had been at corner, navy would never have pulled off that trick play, they'd have been ou-screwed. and mess's offense is good enough to beat oklahoma and k-state, and that's good enough for me. i love smash-mouth football utilizing the tight-end pass game. i'll never forget the bison ramming it down our throat to win that game. it was a work of beauty, and i hope to see lots of it here at state.
I think its Mess's inconsistency that the poster is concerned with and I agree. He appeared brain dead in the bowl game. That can't continue as he has a history of inconsistent play calling, but I'm moving on. The head man needs to have that talk though, imo.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
NECatFan

DeereCatFan
Posts: 692
Joined: September 9th, 2013, 9:00 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » July 22nd, 2020, 9:17 am

wild@nite wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 8:19 pm
tmcats wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 5:23 pm
if aj had been at corner, navy would never have pulled off that trick play, they'd have been ou-screwed. and mess's offense is good enough to beat oklahoma and k-state, and that's good enough for me. i love smash-mouth football utilizing the tight-end pass game. i'll never forget the bison ramming it down our throat to win that game. it was a work of beauty, and i hope to see lots of it here at state.
I think its Mess's inconsistency that the poster is concerned with and I agree. He appeared brain dead in the bowl game. That can't continue as he has a history of inconsistent play calling, but I'm moving on. The head man needs to have that talk though, imo.
Bingo. Dont disagree with what tm posted at all about potential different outcome if AJ was playing, etc. messingham pretty much abandoned the pass almost immediately after a close miss. That to me is unacceptable. Very inconsistent- well put wild. I considered that game one of their top 10 losses in another recent thread.
These users thanked the author DeereCatFan for the post:
NECatFan

AJcat7755
Posts: 4102
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 22nd, 2020, 12:02 pm

wild@nite wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 8:16 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 1:40 pm


I went game by game and picked a winner to expand on this.

I added the assumption that any game cancelled will be replaced by an easy FCS or lower tier G5 team as the NCAA for this year will allow 2 FCS wins to count towards bowl games. So given that, any replacement games were automatic wins.

OU - 11-1 (8-1)
UT - 10-2 (8-1)
OSU - 10-2 (7-2)
BU - 8-4 (6-3)
ISU - 8-4 (5-4)
KSU - 7-5 (4-5)
TCU - 6-6 (3-6)
WVU - 5-7 (3-6)
TTU - 4-8 (1-8)
KU - 3-9 (0-9)
Not trying to nitpick, but the W/L don't balance out in conference play. You're 1 off at 44-46.
Fixed

Post Reply