Baseball/Soccer Stadiums

Discussion about the bat cats, volleyball, and any other wildcat athletic team!
stlcatfan

Baseball/Soccer Stadiums

Post by stlcatfan » July 31st, 2019, 9:37 am

How is the new construction/renovation coming along? I normally try to get back to Manhattan during the summer, but was not able to this year. Are there any photos of the construction progress? Thanks.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » July 31st, 2019, 11:00 am

Haven't seen KSU's new stuff in a while.

However, I got a story from OSU that their new Baseball Stadium is nearing completion and will be top tier in quality and amenities. Being build right on top of where the apartment over a 2 car garage was that wife and I lived in during our 5-year stay at OSU back in the 1960s.

oldcat59
Has thanked: 0

Post by oldcat59 » July 31st, 2019, 11:51 am

We stopped by a week ago..... could hardly recognize the place. New 'concrete party-tables' added on east of First base bleachers... At this time fans are only allowed in the steel bleachers on First base side. Every thing else is off limits. Coaches and staff are in a "Double-wide" trailer at the north temporary entrance. Looks like most of 3rd base seating side will have an over-hang to protect from rain and sun. The tentative schedule is to be completed December and fulling moved in by January. WOW, eager to watch fall practice. The pitching potential looks to be vastly improved.
SOCCER? We could not see much of the soccer construction, because not allowed to get close because of construction. The scrimmage scheduled for August 8th will not allow fans but they did hope to be ready for opening match August 29th!

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » August 1st, 2019, 10:44 pm

Thanks for the report.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » February 23rd, 2020, 12:47 am

Any updated pics? I assume the renovations are complete or near completion? TIA.