KSU CC/Track and Field fans

Discussion about the bat cats, volleyball, and any other wildcat athletic team!
AlabamaLane

Re: KSU CC/Track and Field fans

Post by AlabamaLane » January 15th, 2019, 12:59 pm

The ISU CC program is certainly at a higher level than KSU or ku so it makes sense. I believe that we have signed a number of very good distance runners this month. I haven't seen a KSU press release but I have seen a number of twitter posts on who signed with us.

AlabamaLane

Post by AlabamaLane » January 15th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Nina Schultz has transferred to Georgia - don't know why.

KSUCatsFan17
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by KSUCatsFan17 » January 15th, 2019, 7:01 pm

Saw that Schultz transferred to the University Georgia today. Big loss for KSU. Georgia has a dominant combined events program, so I can't blame her for leaving. I believe she was originally recruited by Georgia, but chose K-State out of high school. I'm interested to see how her career continues there. Georgia had Kendall Williams a few years back who competed with Akela Jones of K-State for years.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » January 16th, 2019, 9:36 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 12:14 pm
As an aside, ISU has a Kansas CC runner in the Logue girl from Pittsburg. Think her first name is Carlie. She won the Big 12 CC as a frosh. I think she chose ISU because of its world class CC course.
Not being a smart ass but what are the criteria to be classified as "world class" regarding CC courses ;-)

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » January 21st, 2019, 10:51 am

I have no idea what it takes to be considered a world class cross country course. I live around five miles from the ISU course and have driven by it many times. There is nothing there that looks so special to me. It is pasture ground that varies from flat land, to rolling hills, to steeper hills through the timber bordering a creek. It is only used for cross country and no other purpose except for kite, drone, and model airplane flying.

https://cyclones.com/documents/2016/2/1 ... pdf?id=538

The ISU AD is a former cross country runner that still runs for pleasure. His son is a member of the ISU team. Pollard has hired what he considers the best cross country coach in the midwest. Perhaps, it is more the coach than the course that is the drawing card for talented athletes.

AlabamaLane

Post by AlabamaLane » January 27th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Tough week-end on the basketball court but some great performance by the track team. We have nationally-ranked people in women's weight throw (Ingvaldsen), 800-, (Johnson), triple jump (Lawrence)-mens heptathlon (Booth), high jump (Shankar), shot put (Neelly). Booth set a New Zealand national record and is only three points from the KSU record and that was in his first competition indoors for the Cats. He also has the 2nd best score in this young NCAA indoor season. Johnson ran a 2:06 in the 800 and shattered her PR by a lot. She is within a second of the KSU indoor record and is a red-shirt freshman.

AlabamaLane

Post by AlabamaLane » April 13th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Brett Neelly broke the school record in the shot put today with a throw of 66'0.5" which was 1'5" better than the previous record set in 1985. That is a huge improvement for that particular event. The team continues to set many PR's and records as the outdoor season gets into full swing. We have quite a few athletes that are in the top ten of the NCAA.