New Volleyball Head Coach

Discussion about the bat cats, volleyball, and any other wildcat athletic team!
WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Re: New Volleyball Head Coach

Post by WildcatEngineer » December 29th, 2022, 5:03 pm

Macro Point on KSU - The highest ranking Woman Manager at KSU is Ms Jill Shields. Ms Shields could wack just about any poster on this board, except maybe TM, up the side of the head and no one would know who she is. KSU has an enrollment issue. Having the image that we do not give women the opportunity to manage does not help recruit students.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » December 30th, 2022, 12:14 pm

wazucat wrote:
December 28th, 2022, 5:28 pm
WildcatEngineer wrote:
December 27th, 2022, 8:09 pm
Football - Middle Aged White Guy
MBB - Middle Aged Black Guy
WBB - Middle Aged White Guy
Baseball - Middle Aged White Guy
Women's Soccer - Middle Aged White Guy
Women's Tennis - Middle Aged Black Guy
Women's Crew - Middle Aged White Guy
Women's Cross Country - Middle Aged White Guy
Men's Cross Country - Middle Aged White Guy
Women's Track and Field - Middle Aged White Guy
Men's Track and Field - Middle Aged White Guy
Men's Golf - Middle Aged White Guy
Women's Volleyball - Middle Aged White Guy
Women's Golf - Middle Aged White Gal

Does anyone see a pattern?
I have to assume Gene tried to hire a female and was rejected so he took the best available male that would take the gig. I am more than willing to give him a pass on this because he's a darn good AD and I did not always feel that way but I was WRONG.
You’ll give him a pass??? :rofl:

He did nothing wrong. I’m not sure anyone on this board knows the hiring process he went through. How many coaches he interviewed. Who said no and who said yes. Who wanted more money than this job can currently provide. But his track record would suggest he does his due diligence and at the end of the day he hired who he believed was the best candidate for the job. Now time will tell how that plays out. But what color of skin the person has or what sexual organs they have between their legs mean diddly to me. Just hire the best person for the job who can give our student athletes the best chance to win and be a good representative for the school. So far for me he’s made two good hires (men’s basketball and football) and one not so good (baseball). But if you’re only going to get 2 out of 3 he appears to have done it with the biggest revenue hires.

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » December 30th, 2022, 5:21 pm

But what color of skin the person has or what sexual organs they have between their legs mean diddly to me.

In 2022/23, especially at a Public Government Institution that is just a naive statement. Happy New Year

https://www.eeoc.gov/ This is a good web site to improve your knowledge base.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » December 30th, 2022, 5:33 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
December 30th, 2022, 5:21 pm
But what color of skin the person has or what sexual organs they have between their legs mean diddly to me.

In 2022/23, especially at a Public Government Institution that is just a naive statement. Happy New Year

You can play along with these race/gender based, woke politics if you want, I stand by my comments and I’m betting I’m not alone. May even be able to say, not even in the minority with those comments (no pun intended), and know both female and people of color that agree 100%. They want to end up being selected for the job because of their qualifications and don’t consider race or gender to be a qualification.

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » December 31st, 2022, 7:32 pm

bhoovy wrote:
December 30th, 2022, 5:33 pm
WildcatEngineer wrote:
December 30th, 2022, 5:21 pm

You can play along with these race/gender based, woke politics if you want, I stand by my comments and I’m betting I’m not alone. May even be able to say, not even in the minority with those comments (no pun intended), and know both female and people of color that agree 100%. They want to end up being selected for the job because of their qualifications and don’t consider race or gender to be a qualification.
BH, you have a point in that my points are based on speculation. KSU has not been cited for anything and there is no grass roots ground swell of protest.

A 13 to 1 ratio on managers and Lord knows the total compensation ratio is probably 40 to 1, is the type of thing that other schools use in recruiting, not just for athletics, but for general enrollment.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » January 1st, 2023, 12:07 pm

I doubt that 5% of potential KSU students pay any attention to the hiring practices in the Athletic Dept.

KSU has an enrollment problem, true, but it has way more to do with costs of attendance than with "wokeism" administrative hiring.

Look at the expense for hiring all the "equality, diversity, unity, social justice" administrators in every college and nearly every department.

I ask, what has KSU gained in enrollment since those expenditures were incurred?

Nada. Nil. Zippo. It's all window dressing for all the social warriors.

I want students to come to KSU from every aspect of life and every geographic and demographic -- and decide to come based upon academics and value of their degrees.

I apologize. This part of the thread should be in the Warzone.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post (total 4):
AlabamaLanePurpleOnWhiteWildcatEngineerbhoovy

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » January 2nd, 2023, 11:38 pm

Now except for Coach Rovelto, who could be argued is the best KSU Coach, any sport. The KSU male coaches in female sports are below average to be kind.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 5th, 2023, 9:50 pm

Pretty good article on the new coach that was an interview by D Scott.

Seems to be a coach who has a lot of experience. Worked his way up from high school jv. His collegiate experience is with some of the best and has had tremendous success while assisting them. Is very competitive with high energy and expectations and says he believes he also has some good connections.

I guess his brother is the HC at OU.

We shall see how this works but Gene has been pretty good lately with hires.

cutshot

Post by cutshot » January 6th, 2023, 10:57 am

The part that stuck in my head from the press conf and this interview were the following
In the press conf , he mentioned that he had been applying for head coaching jobs for 10 years and ksu was his first offer . That is a long time without an offer would rather that have been good offer (maybe that is what he meant)

In the interview ,he said none of the team members were in the portal which is pretty amazing to me .

cutshot

Post by cutshot » January 6th, 2023, 1:18 pm

There is also a interview on twitter from Brian Smoller. pretty much similar to prev interview.