Stocks to Buy - Coronavirus Dip

For the most part, this board's a free for all. Don't say I didn't warn you...
Zoltar
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: Stocks to Buy - Coronavirus Dip

Post by Zoltar » April 29th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Buy TSN July 17 62.50 Puts. trading now at $4.70 if you think Tyson is going to take a hit. If workers don't/can't come back stock mostly moves down. If Trump can force them back it will most likely go up. You make the call.
Win the dang day!

bindweed
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by bindweed » May 4th, 2020, 10:27 am

Buffett sold all of his airline stocks he said at his annual meeting. He also isn't buying many stocks right now. Interesting news from a smart man.

jeffmax26
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by jeffmax26 » May 12th, 2020, 10:18 pm

Yes, airlines are probably not at a bottom yet.

I have purchased some Spirit Aerosystems (SPR), Matador Resources (MTDR), Marathon Oil (MRO), Eldorado Resorts (ERI), and I will soon buy some Pinterest (PINS). I really like Matador as their earnings were pretty decent and seem poised to weather the storm, plus their forward PE is nice. I bought some Eldorado Resorts at $16 and it has had a nice run-up, now it may be time to buy some MGM Resorts as it looks like they are positioning themselves to reopen.

Hopefully, we are through the worst of this, even though I believe the market will be shaky for most of the summer.

ToledoCat#3
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 45 times

Post by ToledoCat#3 » May 17th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Love all the capitalist discussion. Much better than doomsday discussion among DeLPS. ;)

Short term there is $$$ to be made in equities. Long-term, the global debt crisis has yet to be resolved. That's when thing could get globally ugly.

RichardZ
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 127 times

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » May 18th, 2020, 10:20 am

Toldeo, as I remember you were a big enthusiast of silver.

Silver seems to be pretty stable as it was the same price in 2017.

With the stock market losing big time why has silver not responded, but gold has?
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

Zoltar
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Zoltar » May 18th, 2020, 12:03 pm

Don't the Hunt brothers own all the silver?
Win the dang day!

KITNooga
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 340 times

Post by KITNooga » May 24th, 2020, 9:11 pm

Zoltar wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 2:09 pm
Again just my input for fun and not my financial advice, but buying calls has more upside if you think this will go up. If you are really aggressive buy some that are $10 or more out of the money right now. You can buy $84 calls for $1.50 today. 1 call controls 100 shares. If you own the stock you would be covered and would not have to trade naked. Now that I think about this, buying the call does not require the stock ownership to be covered. That would be if you sold the calls, then you would be covered. You might want to research a 'buy-write' as well. Read my disclaimer if you do this online and don't talk to a broker.

SPYD is up nearly 10% since 4/16.
zoltar: I understand the leveraged positions. just can't pull that trigger. for me, it's simple risk and not putting $$ in that I can't afford to lose. the only thing that makes a loss worse, it margin call.

I want to know cleanly, clearly what I have on the table to lose.