So, What is your Favorite Seinfeld Episode?

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
RichardZ

Pick 'Em

So, What is your Favorite Seinfeld Episode?

Post by RichardZ » October 14th, 2018, 1:44 pm

I guess most will say the 'Soup Nazi',

I must have watched each episode a dozen times. I think I know the script of each.

Anyway, mine is the one with Kramer wearing the jumping shoes.( "Jimmy's going to get you Kramer.")

It is with Mel Torme and the dentist who went on to star in Breaking Bad.

Seinfeld had such great writing. Probably the best comedy show of all time for me.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » October 15th, 2018, 7:06 am

Oh my, so many to choose from. Soup Nazi is definitely up there, but I'm gonna go with Kenny Roger's Roaster and Master of My Domain.

catbacker83

Pick 'Em

Post by catbacker83 » October 15th, 2018, 10:48 am

SERENITY NOW!!!

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » October 15th, 2018, 11:17 am

Festivus for the Rest of Us!

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » October 15th, 2018, 2:09 pm

It seems so many times as I go about my day I run into situations that trigger a Seinfeld episode.

When my parents lived in Florida my wife and I had to sleep on a sleeper sofa and it was hot as hell. Could not sleep a wink.

Just like Elaine in Del Boca Vista.....

Elaine, " Please Mr. Seinfeld. Turn on the air conditioning."
Mr. Seinfeld, "I don't think I know where it is!"
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

02Cat

Pick 'Em

Post by 02Cat » October 22nd, 2018, 4:25 pm

That's a trick question, because some story lines are so great for the individual character that you can't remember what the others have going on in the same episode. I think I have favorite gags more than I can say an individual episode.

For me, the episode when George decides that every decision he's ever made is wrong and Jerry tells him that he should do the opposite of what comes natural to him is my favorite gag.

I also love when George tells Jerry, "You know I always wanted to pretend that I was an architect." and then claims that he did the new wing to the Guggenheim which didn't take him very long. Gold, Jerry, Gold!!!

If you put a gun to my head and made me pick a best episode, I'd go with (ugh, trying to decide between Chinese Restaurant, Marine Biologist, We're not Gay...not that there's anything wrong with that.") Marine Biologist. George's speech during the credits cements it's place.
Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

cat4ever

Post by cat4ever » October 22nd, 2018, 4:45 pm

The episode when Kramer was arrested as a serial killer in L.A. The detective interrogation of Kramer was off the charts funny. He brings Kramer to tears while discussing Kramer's probable excuses for being a serial killer, i.e. "maybe the pervert in the park had a present in his pants". During the interrogation, the detective is informed the real serial killer is captured and Kramer is released. On the way out of the interrogation room Kramer asks "Hey, how did you know about the guy in the park? "

Video Clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_w4L6s1j2M

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » October 25th, 2018, 9:15 am

I know, it's sad, and I'll admit that Seinfeld is/was a funny show, but I never watched more than a dozen shows when it was on weekly, and I never have watched the re-runs. Didn't have one thing against the show, just didn't ever find the time or inclination to watch it.

bindweed

Post by bindweed » October 26th, 2018, 4:13 pm

Ugly baby or shrinkage.