Do you smoke?

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Do you smoke?

Post by RichardZ » September 27th, 2018, 9:23 am

"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » September 28th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Never did smoke. Dipped Skoal for 40 years (started at 32), but quit cold turkey last May. One day I just said I'm gonna quit and never took a pinch after that. Don't think I was ever addicted to the nicotine, just the routine, because it was so easy for me to give it up -- at 75 years no less.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » September 30th, 2018, 6:59 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 2:49 pm
Never did smoke. Dipped Skoal for 40 years (started at 32), but quit cold turkey last May. One day I just said I'm gonna quit and never took a pinch after that. Don't think I was ever addicted to the nicotine, just the routine, because it was so easy for me to give it up -- at 75 years no less.
That is very impressive.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » October 1st, 2018, 9:32 am

Thanks. Nealy. I even fished with an old dipping buddy last week and he chewed and spit as always, but I had no desire to join him.

I do have a question that I ask in humor: Does quitting dipping Skoal diminish my redneck, hillbilly reputation in any way?

02Cat

Pick 'Em

Post by 02Cat » October 1st, 2018, 12:00 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
October 1st, 2018, 9:32 am
Thanks. Nealy. I even fished with an old dipping buddy last week and he chewed and spit as always, but I had no desire to join him.

I do have a question that I ask in humor: Does quitting dipping Skoal diminish my redneck, hillbilly reputation in any way?
Let's just say it doesn't help... :)

I've probably smoked 5 cigarettes or less in my life. I was an occasional cigar smoker but pretty much gave that up.
Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

Number8son

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » October 2nd, 2018, 11:44 am

Never smoked. I know a person who smoked...his wife didn't. His wife died of lung cancer. I have plenty of bad eating habits so I can't judge anyone.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » October 3rd, 2018, 9:26 pm

I was a kid. A little kid and went with my father to visit in a hospital where one of his friends had his voice box removed. He held up something next to his neck and his voice sounded very weird to me at the time.

What really made an impression was the guy next to him in bed. He was smoking a cigarette thru the hold in his throat.

Never smoked in my life. Don't really know if those two pictures made me a non smoker, but it probably helped.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » October 20th, 2018, 2:50 pm

Never been a smoker. 2 sisters and 1 brother did. All 3 of them are suffering from COPD to varying degrees. My other brothers wife smoked for 40 years. Never seemed to bother her but my brother developed asthma at around age 50. I've never allowed anyone to smoke in my house but do keep an ashtray out on the patio if they have to feed that worm in their belly.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » October 20th, 2018, 7:33 pm

When we bought our first house I put a little sign below the door bell. "No Smoking!" It seems a lot more people smoked back then. But that was after we had a houseful of people over for a party. When I came down stairs the next morning I almost gagged in my own living room.

My wife and I had our parents over for Thanksgiving dinner. All for of them smoked. After the dinner I announced if you want to smoke you will have to go outside. I got some strange looks, but it worked