TV coverage - Colorado Cats and out of staters

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
TellurideCatbacker
Has thanked: 0

TV coverage - Colorado Cats and out of staters

Post by TellurideCatbacker » November 12th, 2018, 6:52 pm

Anyone able to get the game via Fox Sports or ESPN that doesn't live in Kansas? I didn't get the football game on Saturday either and am wondering if there are any ideas. I don't feel like I'm that old or incompetant. It seems like its 2018 and I should be able to subscribe to getting all of the games for a fee. Thoughts?

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » November 12th, 2018, 9:00 pm

ESPN3 for free or ESPN+ for $5 a month. The Fox app is a POS and I never have made it work. If you have cable you may be able to add all the Fox channels for a small charge. I had that when I lived in Minneapolis. KSUHD is ESPN3.
Win the dang day!

TellurideCatbacker

Post by TellurideCatbacker » November 12th, 2018, 11:11 pm

I did get it on ESPN3. Thanks for the response.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » November 13th, 2018, 7:43 am

I live in the country and don't have cable or satellite. Only my computer, at least at my level of tech savvy. Last year I used DirectTV Now for $40 a month and it got all the ESPNs and Fox sports channels. It's now owned by AT&T (maybe it was last year but I'm not sure) and their packages are crafted to be damn sure you can't get all the sports you need w/o paying an arm and a leg. They must have had their marketing people research it for months b/c it's too clever by half. The first level gives you ESPN, the second adds ESPN2 and the third adds ESPNU. I'm not sure I ever saw ESPN3 before throwing the computer across the room. Infuriating. After casting around last nite I found Hulu for $35 a month that seems to have all the ESPNs and everything you need to watch the Big 12 and Big 10. Maybe if you already have a cable package it's easier-I can only watch on my computer, but that's OK. I'm good with paying $35 a month, but not $70 a month.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » November 13th, 2018, 7:44 am

I live in the country and don't have cable or satellite. Only my computer, at least at my level of tech savvy. Last year I used DirectTV Now for $40 a month and it got all the ESPNs and Fox sports channels. It's now owned by AT&T (maybe it was last year but I'm not sure) and their packages are crafted to be damn sure you can't get all the sports you need w/o paying an arm and a leg. They must have had their marketing people research it for months b/c it's too clever by half. The first level gives you ESPN, the second adds ESPN2 and the third adds ESPNU. I'm not sure I ever saw ESPN3 before throwing the computer across the room. Infuriating. After casting around last nite I found Hulu for $35 a month that seems to have all the ESPNs and everything you need to watch the Big 12 and Big 10. Maybe if you already have a cable package it's easier-I can only watch on my computer, but that's OK. I'm good with paying $35 a month, but not $70 a month.

ToledoCat#2
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » November 13th, 2018, 9:36 am

My ESPN3 is herky-jerky almost always. Last night for women's game it was fair to middling. I think it is my download speed that's the problem.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » November 13th, 2018, 9:43 am

We ditched our $115/mo cable after the last rate hike and went cold turkey for a time. No DTs or anything. Amazing! My wife discovered HULU for $8/mo and we settled on the $40 package. Don't know a lot about the K-State sports coverage yet but we like HULU. Its a little frustrating that we cannot fast forward through some ads and I'm not sure I know how to use it properly but I really like that its like a big DVR and all of the shows are there to watch at your convenience. About $900 per year cheaper and we like it better, not a bad combo.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » November 13th, 2018, 10:02 am

Kat-Check out the sports on Hulu. Maybe the offerings change by geography but it seems to work for me.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » November 13th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Or you just have your college student/high school student "find" a live feed on the internet on your laptop since you don't subscribe to the network carrying the game, grab your HDMI cable, hook it up to your tv and................poof. Game's on TV.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » November 15th, 2018, 3:21 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
November 13th, 2018, 9:36 am
My ESPN3 is herky-jerky almost always. Last night for women's game it was fair to middling. I think it is my download speed that's the problem.
It can be this way at times. If you have not done a broadband check, do one to check your speed. If you have slow speed, under what you were promised, make sure your modem can handle/deliver that speed. You should have a DOCSIS 3.0 at least and a 3.1 is better. Only 3.1 can deliver Gig speeds.

If you have not updated your modem in the last 5 years it is time for a new one to get more speed.
Win the dang day!