not much to argue with gundy's views, love him ...

The defending Big XII Champions
WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: not much to argue with gundy's views, love him ...

Post by WIldWIllieCat » November 14th, 2018, 11:12 pm

You may not also realize that you just made NMcat's point.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 14th, 2018, 11:27 pm

EMAW

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » November 14th, 2018, 11:44 pm

Right on again Gundy.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 14th, 2018, 11:55 pm

EMAW

jabba

Post by jabba » November 15th, 2018, 8:46 am

Heres a new catchphrase I get to use with more regularity... its "the weaponization of victimhood"

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 15th, 2018, 10:45 am

What is "liberal campus theology"? What is your definition of liberal here? Your understanding of diversity is naive at best. It has nothing to do with oppression.

celebrating 'diversity' is a large part of liberal campus theology. the basic tenet being that somehow certain diverse classes are oppressed around here. poppycock! a classic example is flying 'diversity' flags as some sort of admirable theme. a theme to what purpose? nothing great has ever happened because we have separated ourselves into tribes other than hate, wars, and political shenanigans. it's silly academic nonsense. great things happen when we are unified in common purpose, the opposite of being diverse and tribal. in commerce, the saying goes: either get on the bus or leave. i suspect that's what gundy was addressing and best exemplified here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IezJHKUdIyQ

enough politics. back to sports, please.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » November 15th, 2018, 1:18 pm

LoL

*furtively puts stick behind his back*

Indignantly asks, "HEY! Who stirred this pot?!"

Opensource

Post by Opensource » November 15th, 2018, 10:07 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 10:45 am
celebrating 'diversity' is a large part of liberal campus theology. the basic tenet being that somehow certain diverse classes are oppressed around here. poppycock! a classic example is flying 'diversity' flags as some sort of admirable theme. a theme to what purpose? nothing great has ever happened because we have separated ourselves into tribes other than hate, wars, and political shenanigans. it's silly academic nonsense. great things happen when we are unified in common purpose, the opposite of being diverse and tribal. in commerce, the saying goes: either get on the bus or leave. i suspect that's what gundy was addressing and best exemplified here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IezJHKUdIyQ

enough politics. back to sports, please.
We are a country of immigrants based on diversity. Commerce is based on free market competition, which requires diversity of corporations. Gundy has revealed that is his old school leadership model isn’t effective when players are allowed to have choices. So, he sadly blames the players for his ineptitude.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 16th, 2018, 10:13 am

the fact my grandparents legally immigrated from germany has zero to due with anything except mom's maiden name being katzenberger. but here's another example (below link) of the me-me that gundy, snyder and other coaches so loathe. we had it ourselves with marcus foster not long ago to say nothing for the guys playing at ap state today.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/wil ... aft-stock/
Why is there something rather than nothing?

bindweed

Post by bindweed » November 16th, 2018, 11:19 am

I hope the libs get him fired. Then we can hire him to replace Bill. He would be the perfect hire.