Beat Kansas!

Come on in and discuss the 2017 edition of your favorite college football team!
Jax
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Beat Kansas!

Post by Jax » November 8th, 2018, 2:15 pm

Guys have you saw K-State play? KU leads the league in turnover ratio (+15), we are near the bottom at -4. Either QB will be one play from being knocked out of the game. I know it's not honorable to slam the team, but anyone thinking K-State has the personnel to run away from even themselves has not been paying too much attention on Saturdays. Sorry just keeping it real.

KU and K-State are completely equal this year. K-State has home field, but KU has the motivation and hunger to start their future this week.

bhoovy
Been liked: 18 times

Post by bhoovy » November 8th, 2018, 3:39 pm

Jax wrote:
November 8th, 2018, 2:15 pm
Guys have you saw K-State play? KU leads the league in turnover ratio (+15), we are near the bottom at -4. Either QB will be one play from being knocked out of the game. I know it's not honorable to slam the team, but anyone thinking K-State has the personnel to run away from even themselves has not been paying too much attention on Saturdays. Sorry just keeping it real.

KU and K-State are completely equal this year. K-State has home field, but KU has the motivation and hunger to start their future this week.
“anyone thinking KSU has the ability to run away from even themselves has not been paying too much attention on Saturday.”

In Manhattan
KSU 31 OSU 12 * ran away by 19 points and didn’t even let OSU’s high scoring offense in the endzone.

KU<OSU and KSU vs ku is in Manhattan.

My 31-14 may not happen but I believe it’s much more than just possible.

Jax

Post by Jax » November 8th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Bhoovy why compare what OSU was doing going on 2 months ago, when we can compare what TCU has done in the past 2 weeks? Either way, your point is K-State beats OSU, loses to TCU and KU did the opposite. Still don't see a justification that K-State has any clear separation this year, when it compares to KU.

If the Cats run away with this game, I will be highly disappointed. It will have confirmed they play tough against inferior opponents, and lay down to superior opponents. Using that rationale, KU will indeed be their last win this season.

hilltopwildcat
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » November 8th, 2018, 4:50 pm

We look good in 1 game and that is the basis for the whole season?

bhoovy
Been liked: 18 times

Post by bhoovy » November 8th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Jax wrote:
November 8th, 2018, 4:18 pm
Bhoovy why compare what OSU was doing going on 2 months ago, when we can compare what TCU has done in the past 2 weeks? Either way, your point is K-State beats OSU, loses to TCU and KU did the opposite. Still don't see a justification that K-State has any clear separation this year, when it compares to KU.

If the Cats run away with this game, I will be highly disappointed. It will have confirmed they play tough against inferior opponents, and lay down to superior opponents. Using that rationale, KU will indeed be their last win this season.
2 months ago?? It wasn’t even quite a month ago, October 13th. In my world today is November 8th.

And second, for the comparison did you not notice I pointed out they both played OSU at home. So it’s a more fair comparison as we all know, or should, road games are tough, especially for non-blue blood non-power house programs. Ku played TCU at home and if you watched the game you also know TCU was more responsible for beating TCU than ku, but that wasn’t part of my point, it was the location of the game.

Jax

Post by Jax » November 9th, 2018, 8:51 am

You compared OSU to both schools. They played KU at the end of September. At the time people were thinking the TTU loss by OSU was a fluke when it turned to be out more of the norm for the current team.

K-State DOES NOT have an advantage over KU except for home field. This is not going to be a blow-out or runaway game by any standard, and if it is it says more about the mentality of K-State beating teams they should and lying down to teams they know can compete.

KsJoey
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by KsJoey » November 9th, 2018, 9:01 am

I think the advantage we have right now is knowing that our players won't be overmatched, like they are with most Big12 teams. Our Oline which has widely missed expectations for the year should look a lot better. Main thing KSU can't do is beat ourselves with turnovers or special teams miscues... those have absolutely killed us this year. This is the most winnable game in conference. He have a lot of KS kids on our roster which know how important it is to beat KU. Have to get it done.
These users liked KsJoey for the post:
hilltopwildcat (November 9th, 2018, 9:49 am)

oscar
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by oscar » November 9th, 2018, 8:25 pm

KSU 20
KU 16

PurpleOnWhite
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by PurpleOnWhite » November 9th, 2018, 10:30 pm